Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

best fsx 757

I am looking for the best 757 around, I have owned a number over the yrs, ( i wont name any names here) but the 757 sees ellusive.I cant find one that is as well appointed as the pmdg 737/747 or the lvld 767, What is really important to me is a viable working and updatable fms,What is everyone's suggestions.thanks in advancepeter

I can only speak for the one I own. I am very pleased with Captainsim contribution. Good FMS and good model and good frames. I know that the airport database is not as significant as some would like. But it has the major airports which is good enough for me. I bought it at xmas when it was massively discounted.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I can only speak for the one I own. I am very pleased with Captainsim contribution. Good FMS and good model and good frames. I know that the airport database is not as significant as some would like. But it has the major airports which is good enough for me. I bought it at xmas when it was massively discounted.
I own the captain sim, i think the model is good but the fms is not up to par, you cant import data into the fms because you get wonky coordinates, the navadata is not supported and so many fixes are missing. So im giving up on Capt sim, its too bad because it looks very good.I once owned the Phoenix 757 for fs9 ( i think people thought it was pretty good) but we all know what happened there, and i lost the product when i upgraded my computer, ( does anyone know what the original file was called, i might still have in on a hard drive somewhere.)Anyway, i like the 757 aircraft but i dont have a great model. maybe i should use the Project Open Skymodel and input the isg retrofit, or find some other add-on 3rd party supported fms such as vasfmc..Thanks, thoughts?? Peter

Guest PPSFA

I have the CS 757 and it is one of my favorites. You should check their forums to see if its right for you, theres plenty of user input.

Peter-You mention the iSG retrofit for the posky 757. Where did you see that, on the iSG site? Here at AVSIM? I'll do a search but please let me know! I love the iSG FMC. Works beautifully and updatable data base.Regards,

I own the captain sim, i think the model is good but the fms is not up to par, you cant import data into the fms because you get wonky coordinates, the navadata is not supported and so many fixes are missing. So im giving up on Capt sim, its too bad because it looks very good.I once owned the Phoenix 757 for fs9 ( i think people thought it was pretty good) but we all know what happened there, and i lost the product when i upgraded my computer, ( does anyone know what the original file was called, i might still have in on a hard drive somewhere.)Anyway, i like the 757 aircraft but i dont have a great model. maybe i should use the Project Open Skymodel and input the isg retrofit, or find some other add-on 3rd party supported fms such as vasfmc..Thanks, thoughts?? Peter
I've been trying to convince Overland to put out an inexpensive 757, but they 're not into it. That with the iSG instrumentation would be all we needed, and with good framerates too.Cheers, Alex ChristoffBaltimore, MD
I am looking for the best 757 around, I have owned a number over the yrs, ( i wont name any names here) but the 757 sees ellusive.I cant find one that is as well appointed as the pmdg 737/747 or the lvld 767, What is really important to me is a viable working and updatable fms,What is everyone's suggestions.thanks in advancepeter

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

If you look at the isgsim website, under panel retrofits, there is a POSKY option, have a look at that option.It is for a POSKY 757 with a particular panel. Peter

As much as I hate to say it your only option may be to wait for the LDS 757. I am not sure where it is in its development because they have revealed literally nothing about its progress other than it is in development. I am quite sure that this will be the most comprehensive product available when it is released. I have the same dilemma with the PMDG 737 NGV2. There are other products which do not even come close to PMDG standards and I am stuck waiting with out one of my favorite aircraft for FSX. Waiting sucks :( :( :(

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

As much as I hate to say it your only option may be to wait for the LDS 757. I am not sure where it is in its development because they have revealed literally nothing about its progress other than it is in development. I am quite sure that this will be the most comprehensive product available when it is released. I have the same dilemma with the PMDG 737 NGV2. There are other products which do not even come close to PMDG standards and I am stuck waiting with out one of my favorite aircraft for FSX. Waiting sucks :( :( :(
Yes,"probably",the Leveld 757 would be the best bet,i.e. if they are still working on it.They get very touchy when anyone asks about it.Ron

Ron Service