Sign in to follow this  
Guest phorovsky

BAV

Guest phorovsky

Hello thereI don't know whether this is the right place to ask the question, but I'll try anyway!!"What's happened to BAV?" I've been a member of that outfit for some 6 years and enjoyed every minute of it, but somehow, somewhere they've dropped off the edge of the world. Any ideas of what happened? I just hope they'll revive shortly, as I miss them badly!Kind regardspaul

BAV's on a bit of a break while the board are completely revamping the systems, I think. The domain name has been lapsed as far as I can tell, but http://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/ is alive and teasing us. I don't think there's any ETA on the relaunch.Cheers,Mark

Guest phorovsky
BAV's on a bit of a break while the board are completely revamping the systems, I think. The domain name has been lapsed as far as I can tell, but http://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/ is alive and teasing us. I don't think there's any ETA on the relaunch.Cheers,Mark
Thanks Mark !This is very sad news. These days I just don't know what to do with my time!!Do you think it would be worth while to join another club, and if so, which one?Regardspaul

Well, it's a different sort of thing, but I enjoy being a member of VPA: http://virtualpilots.org/You can fly scheduled services (and log time with another VA at the same time without problem), or just potter around doing your own thing, or take on a varied set of missions ranging from three legs to a 350 leg VFR coastal world tour (probably for the insane). VPA is giving me options and that sense of purpose while BAV is down, and even when BAV comes back I think I'll stay in both.

Guest phorovsky
Well, it's a different sort of thing, but I enjoy being a member of VPA: http://virtualpilots.org/You can fly scheduled services (and log time with another VA at the same time without problem), or just potter around doing your own thing, or take on a varied set of missions ranging from three legs to a 350 leg VFR coastal world tour (probably for the insane). VPA is giving me options and that sense of purpose while BAV is down, and even when BAV comes back I think I'll stay in both.
Hi TeepsMany thanks for your note. I shall certainly have a look and try out virtualpilots.Regardspaul

Virtualpilots.org looked like something I would be interested in. Filled out an application.....it accepted it and told me I would get an email within 60 seconds for the link to the entrance exam. 4 days later I am still waiting. Tried to join again thinking something happened, but it told me that my email was already registered and if there was a problem to contact HUman Relations. Well I did that, and guess what, 2 1/2 days later, I am still waiting. I have checked my spam folder and there is nothing in there either.This does not seem like a good way to build up a VA, by not following up, and/or not responding. I have done all they asked and I cannot even get the courtesy of a reply. They are not making a good first impression on me. I would still be interested though. If any members read this and can help get me a response I would appreciate it.Rick Zarych

Guest philnutt

Virtual Pilots (VPA) is not really a VA, and it has a limit of 500 members much like BAV so applications take a while. The president, Yann, has had a busy weekend as his wife has just given birth so I think that may be slowing things down a bit. I have been a member for a couple of years and it is a great community and the resources and training, especially for VFR pilots is second to none and as there are a considerable number of RW pilots in the organisation there is always plenty of knowledgeable ppl around. All I can say is, be patient!

Virtualpilots.org looked like something I would be interested in. Filled out an application.....it accepted it and told me I would get an email within 60 seconds for the link to the entrance exam. 4 days later I am still waiting. Tried to join again thinking something happened, but it told me that my email was already registered and if there was a problem to contact HUman Relations. Well I did that, and guess what, 2 1/2 days later, I am still waiting. I have checked my spam folder and there is nothing in there either.This does not seem like a good way to build up a VA, by not following up, and/or not responding. I have done all they asked and I cannot even get the courtesy of a reply. They are not making a good first impression on me. I would still be interested though. If any members read this and can help get me a response I would appreciate it.Rick Zarych
Rich,I apologize for the slow/non-existant response from the VPA staff. As Phil has said, our founder and web site guru joined the ranks of parenthood this Sunday so we are a bit behind the power curve. Add to that being a worldwide group across a dozen timezones can make things problematic at times. Regardless, I will see if I can get into that area of the website and at least find out why the exam request didn't send one out. That should be automatic. Shoot me an Email so I can try to help you out directly at operationsmgr_at_virtualpilots.org.

Guest paullunn
Sorry to hear that Rick,I have looked at and have found your email message that you sent.I can only say sorry for the lateness. Somebody looked at it and so I honestly thought that it had been dealt with because it had been read. So what I will do is forward this message to Yann in my reply and he will be able to help you.I will reply to your message at the same time.Once again, I am sorry for the lateness of this reply.Paul Lunn,HR Assistant.www.virtualpilots.org