Sign in to follow this  
Guest Poppa_Bear

fsuipc_wait error

Just to be clear I was referring only to your problem with the scenery rebuild. ASA would not be a factor if it is not running. FYI there are release service packs for ASA put out recently as one aspect of it was causing memory leaks in its first release version.There are some security differences between the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of both XP and Vista with 64 bit being stricter as I recall. Here's something you can check:When you installed RC it created some variables that were placed in a .bat file in the RC4 folder called makerwys.bat. The last time you ran the rebuild it also placed the path you entered into it. Right click on it and choose Edit, NOT OPEN. It will open in Notepad. You can see if your RC4 path and FS path are correct in there. DO NOT SAVE this file on exiting Notepad. It must not be changed by you. If you want you can make a copy of this to place elsewhere and open that for examination. Do not use the Open command as that would run it which you must not do. If available you can use Open With and choose a program to examine it.If you can't get this to go then you could adopt the technique for networks to some degree. Go into your FS folder and run makerwys directly. This will create a new r4.csv of r5.csv file in the FS folder. Then start RC4 as you normally (running in its own folder) would and while makerwys will not run the copying from FS to the RC folder and conversion processes within should still update the database. You can check the r4.csv and a4.csv (in your RC4 folder) dates as previously described.

Ronzie, I've been doing it that way since purchase. I'm pretty sure it stopped working when I moved from XP32 to VistaX64 and now it happens in XP64. I've done several clean re-installs with both RC and FSX, could it be the 64 bit OS?Jd, I'm gonna knock em out one at a time first with just ASA. I did 2 quick KORD-KCVG flights without ASA and had no trouble except with the horrible wind shits from the default weather. I will try it again with ASA and without FsPAX and see what happens.John

I have looked at the batch file and the FS location is correct, this is for both FSX & FS9. I think I'm one step ahead of the game here! and have been running makerunways from my Fs folders since I first noticed the problem :(

lets see where the conflict might be. stop running fspax and asa, and fly a dozen flights. do you still get the error? if not, add back asa. run another dozen flights. no errors, add back fspax.we'll find out who isn't playing nice :-)jd
Ok jd I've done 8 flights with just FsPAX, AI smooth and no pre-recorded chatter, and all went well. I just started a flight with ASA running and about 30 minutes into the flight I get the wait error. John

Ok jd I've done 8 flights with just FsPAX, AI smooth and no pre-recorded chatter, and all went well. I just started a flight with ASA running and about 30 minutes into the flight I get the wait error. John
i dont remember the options in ASA, but there are two, that you can turning off. one is to turn off asa doing the atis reports. the other, something like DSA or something. it sets the weather repeatedly at the arrival aiport i think.maybe take ASA back to the default settings, and turn the ones you want, on one by one.jd