Sign in to follow this  
Lincolnshire Poacher

FSX crashing

After my hard drive and motherboard failed I have just upgraded my computer, I am now experiencing crashes, when windows restarts it tells me it was an Nvidia graphics problem. What happens is I am flying ok then the screen freezes, most times the computer restarts on its own, occasionally I have to turn it off.I have downloaded what looks to be a newer graphics driver but when I go to update it through device manager it says I already have the most upto date version installed!!Any help would be greatly appreciated.My system is as followsInno3d Nvidia Geoforce9800GT (driver version 7.15.11.8206)ECS Elitegoup GF8100VM-M3 motherboardAMD Athlon 64 x 2 5600+ 2.8GHZ4gb ram600gb hard driveWindows Home Premium 32 bitMicrosoft FSX (Acceleration) VFR Real Scenery for FSX volumes 1 and 4

CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 750D FULL TOWER CASE - Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700K (3.6GHz) 12MB Cache - Gigabyte Z390 UD: ATX, LG1151 - 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz - NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE - 1TB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 3230MB/sR | 1625MB/sW) - CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES - CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 120 High Performance Liquid Cooler

I think the 182.06 is the newest certified driver. No need to install through device manager as drivers (from Nvidia at least) come with an installer. You might consider uninstalling them, run a driver cleaner, run a registry cleaner, and reinstall drivers. You might have to go to an older driver.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

I think the 182.06 is the newest certified driver. No need to install through device manager as drivers (from Nvidia at least) come with an installer. You might consider uninstalling them, run a driver cleaner, run a registry cleaner, and reinstall drivers. You might have to go to an older driver.Bob
Thanks for the info Bob.Would I need to lower my screen resolution before removing the drivers? Also can you point me in the right direction for older drivers? I can only see the latest on Nvidias web site.CheersLes

CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 750D FULL TOWER CASE - Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700K (3.6GHz) 12MB Cache - Gigabyte Z390 UD: ATX, LG1151 - 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz - NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE - 1TB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 3230MB/sR | 1625MB/sW) - CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES - CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 120 High Performance Liquid Cooler

Thanks for the info Bob.Would I need to lower my screen resolution before removing the drivers? Also can you point me in the right direction for older drivers? I can only see the latest on Nvidias web site.CheersLes
It may very well be a video issue but have you run orthos and memtest to ensure that your memory/cpu are not the cause of your crashes?I've been fooled in the past thinking I had video issues only to find that I had memory issues and getting clean memtest runs resolved my FSX crashes.I would highly recommend making sure your memory runs clean before going down any other path.