Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbolt44

JIT (just-in-time) Debugging

I've had ASX and X Graphics now for around a week and my learning curve is still behind the power curve. After setting up my weather and clicking to go to FSX, I am getting a warning window telling me I have a JIT debugging problem. One of the choices is to click on Continue and take a chance. This seems to have worked all the time. I finally looked at the Details and it said I needed to enable my JIT debugging so it would be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer rather than handled by the dialog box. I'm afraid I just haven't been able to follow the directions they gave. Is there a more detailed explanation somewhere as to how to accomplish this, or am I better off to ignore it and just keep clicking Continue?

Hi,That error box is coming from .NET from Microsoft. You should make sure that .NET2.0 is installed on your computer. If it is already installed you may need to uninstall it, re-boot, and then re-install .NET2.0. Then see if this goes away.There is no need to do anything with the debugger.Please let us know if this fixes things of if the error box keeps appearing.Thanks!

Hi Jim,I find that I have both MS Net.Framework 2.0 and 3.5 with SP-1. Do these do different things or is 3.5 the latest version and possibly I'm getting a conflict between the two, and should uninstall both and reload 3.5 with SP-1?

Hi,Those are 2 different things. Just work with 2.0 with a uninstall, re-boot, and reinstall.Thanks,

Hi,That error box is coming from .NET from Microsoft. You should make sure that .NET2.0 is installed on your computer. If it is already installed you may need to uninstall it, re-boot, and then re-install .NET2.0. Then see if this goes away.There is no need to do anything with the debugger.Please let us know if this fixes things of if the error box keeps appearing.Thanks!

Jim - I appreciate the reply. It's taken this long to get back to you because of all the messing around I have done trying to delete .Net 2.0 so I could reinstall it and/or .NET 2.0 SP-1. First, it doesn't come up in my Control Panel Install/Uninstall program. Second, when I try to just delete the folder, V2.0.50727, I get a note I need to get permission. If I right click to properties and go to security, it reflects it is Creator Owner - full control. When I follow that up, it appears the actual permission is controlled in the folder which actually downloaded the .NET 2.0. I'm assuming this was the ASX program which needed 2.0 to run ASX, but I am not sure because I can find nothing in that folder that appears to have anything to do with .NET 2.0. When I go to the ASX file, I start all over with trying to get permission. You would think I was trying to steal Top Secret information here. I have looked at MS Help and I need to study it some more, but I can't translate it from the Greek it is written in. Try and get a hold of MS, it's like pulling teeth. I refuse to give up on this. If I am correct in what is my problem here, I cannot understand why ASX would put these user controls in. I sure like ASX and X Graphics, but this is driving me crazy. Any pointers in how to Deny or Allow myself out of this quandry is appreciated.

Hi,It is not AS that has put these controls in, but your operating system. If .NET 2.0 didn't show up on your Add/Remove list, then it wasn't properly installed in the first place.What happens if you download and install .NET2.0?Thanks!

Hi,It is not AS that has put these controls in, but your operating system. If .NET 2.0 didn't show up on your Add/Remove list, then it wasn't properly installed in the first place.What happens if you download and install .NET2.0?Thanks!
I end up with a box which informs me .NET 2.0 is allready installed. One of the first add on programs I added to this new computer was FSUIPC4. I'm not using it for anything and uninstalled it as it appeared to me it used the .NET 2.0. Still have the V2.0.50727 installed on C:\program files 86/windows/framework and framework 86. I haven't been able to obtain permission to delete either of these programs. Greg at Jetline Systems, who built the computer, says they didn't install 2.0, but I'm hoping he may come up with a way to uninstall it. If worse comes to worse, I've got my paid garu who I know can get rid of it. All in all, as long as I click to Continue on the ASX box, everything seems to work. I do seem to have a problem with editing different cloud layers in the Weather Config window. Was kind of waiting to address that question until I close this one out. Is there any chance the cloud layer problem could be related to the 2.0 problem or is it a seperate question I should address under a New Topic. Thanks for your help.

Hi,Let's get this .NET stuff out of the way and then we'll continue right here in this thread.Thanks,

Guest Fern
I've had ASX and X Graphics now for around a week and my learning curve is still behind the power curve. After setting up my weather and clicking to go to FSX, I am getting a warning window telling me I have a JIT debugging problem. One of the choices is to click on Continue and take a chance. This seems to have worked all the time. I finally looked at the Details and it said I needed to enable my JIT debugging so it would be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer rather than handled by the dialog box. I'm afraid I just haven't been able to follow the directions they gave. Is there a more detailed explanation somewhere as to how to accomplish this, or am I better off to ignore it and just keep clicking Continue?
I solve this problem checking the option box "show only true type fonts in the programs of my computer" located in Control Panel\Fonts\Tools\Folder Options\True Type Fonts.Win XP Pro SP3Fern

Hi,Let's get this .NET stuff out of the way and then we'll continue right here in this thread.Thanks,
Well, I'm back Jim,My latest adventure with this alleged .net frame 2.0 problem involved instructions my computer mentor sent me re Repairing .Net Framework 2.0/3.0 files on Window Vista. This involved running sfc/scannow in the Command Prompt window. This resulted in finding and repairing only one item as follows: C:windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log. I have not sent this back to him yet to see what it is about, as I'm waiting to see what your answer is and maybe just delcalre Victory and move on. I still get this warning box when clicking Apply Weather after configering my own weather. After clicking on the Continue button, everything seems to work fine. The only thing which might want me to waste more of both our times is if it is causing any other problem. Let me ask you this. When I am setting cloud layers up in the Weather Config window, it has clicks to edit, add and delete various layers. It seems to start at the surface and you work your way up. I'll set the surface ceiling and then add a layer, and when you fly it, the weather seems identifiable with what I set. However, the directions in the Help window act like you can go back and select each layer you set, like get a box for each layer, and edit and change them. If you can, I can't bring these different layers up to edit. My question is, can you bring these separate boxes up to change them? Things are working pretty good, and I'm afraid the more I mess with this, the chances of doing Real Harm are increasing rapidly. Take care.

Hi,OK don't do anything more with .NET. I know the error box is still coming up. What is the message that appears in the error box? I should have asked about this a bit ago.What Build is your ASX?To edit layers:On the Clouds portion, next to the Altitude AGL window there is a down arrow. Click on that and your cloud layers will drop down. Then you can highlight the layer and then click on the Edit Layer on the right side of the AS screen.Does this help?Thanks,

Hi,OK don't do anything more with .NET. I know the error box is still coming up. What is the message that appears in the error box? I should have asked about this a bit ago.What Build is your ASX?To edit layers:On the Clouds portion, next to the Altitude AGL window there is a down arrow. Click on that and your cloud layers will drop down. Then you can highlight the layer and then click on the Edit Layer on the right side of the AS screen.Does this help?Thanks,
Hi Jim,I feel like an absolute idiot on my question regarding how to uncover the various layers. After reading your instructions, I looked at it and it seemed like that down arrow was five inches square! Thank you. Just to degress a little on MS .NET 2.0. First, the only .NET Frameworks Jetline installed on this computer were 3.0 and 3.5. In looking at the MS update site, I don't seem to be able to find any 2.0 for Vista. The 2.0s I see are for XP and certain server frameworks to include 64 bit. I have Vista 64 bit, and I'm beginning to wonder if MS publishes 2.0 for Vista or if they have moved up and onward to 3.0 and 3.5. In addition, I notice that Active Sky and X Graphics installation instructions say that you must have 2.0 installed, and if you don't have it, it will install it. Seems like 3.0 and 3.5Sp-1 should run everything 2.0 would. Not being able to uninstall it yet kind of makes me worry that it has conflicted with 3.0 and 3.5 somehow. Basicly those, these programs (ASX, etc.) are working and I really like what they do; however, I am curious how 2.0 and Vista 64 bit mix.If Biuild and Version are the same thing, this is what I have. Xengine - 1.0.0.332; Xgraphics - 1.0.0.298 and Xgaugewizard - 1.0.02. The Active Ky X window really didn't seem to have a number, so I just copied the whole box:ee the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.************** Exception Text **************System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.Parameter name: Argument 'Array' is Nothing. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Information.UBound(Array Array, Int32 Rank) at ASX.WeatherConfig_Control.ApplyToSingleStation() at ASX.WeatherConfig_Control.btn_ApplyWeather_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)************** Loaded Assemblies **************mscorlib Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3074 (QFE.050727-3000) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll----------------------------------------XEngine Assembly Version: 1.0.0.332 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.332 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/HiFi/XEngine/XEngine.exe----------------------------------------Microsoft.VisualBasic Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll----------------------------------------System Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll----------------------------------------System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll----------------------------------------System.Drawing Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll----------------------------------------System.Runtime.Remoting Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll----------------------------------------System.Configuration Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll----------------------------------------System.Xml Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3074 (QFE.050727-3000) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll----------------------------------------XEngine_Module_Interface Assembly Version: 1.1.1.829 Win32 Version: 1.1.1.829 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/HiFi/XEngine/XEngine_Module_Interface.DLL----------------------------------------XEngine_UI Assembly Version: 1.0.0.238 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.238 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/HiFi/XEngine/XEngine_UI.DLL----------------------------------------Utility Assembly Version: 1.0.0.6 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.6 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/HiFi/XEngine/Utility.DLL----------------------------------------WorldData Assembly Version: 1.0.0.4 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.4 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/HiFi/XEngine/WorldData.DLL----------------------------------------FSInterface Assembly Version: 1.0.1.11 Win32 Version: 1.0.1.11 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/HiFi/XEngine/FSInterface.DLL----------------------------------------AvMath Assembly Version: 1.0.0.4 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.4 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/HiFi/XEngine/AvMath.DLL----------------------------------------Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect Assembly Version: 10.0.61242.0 Win32 Version: 10.0.61355.0 (fsx-sp1.20070510-2038) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect/10.0.61242.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll----------------------------------------ASX Assembly Version: 1.0.0.1160 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.1160 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/HiFi/XEngine/Modules/ASX.DLL----------------------------------------HiFiSimControls Assembly Version: 1.1.0.1 Win32 Version: 1.1.0.1 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/HiFi/XEngine/HiFiSimControls.DLL----------------------------------------User_FlightPlan Assembly Version: 1.0.0.10 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.10 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/HiFi/XEngine/User_FlightPlan.DLL----------------------------------------Accessibility Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll----------------------------------------msvcm80 Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.3053 Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.3053 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.3053_none_d08d7bba442a9b36/msvcm80.dll----------------------------------------System.Data Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll----------------------------------------************** JIT Debugging **************To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for thisapplication or computer (machine.config) must have thejitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.The application must also be compiled with debuggingenabled.For example:<configuration> <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" /></configuration>When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exceptionwill be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computerrather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hi,When you are running ASX the Build Number is in the upper right corner. If you are up to date it should read 1169.Thanks,

Hi,When you are running ASX the Build Number is in the upper right corner. If you are up to date it should read 1169.Thanks,
Jim, I have the 1160 Build Number.