Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaskanFactor

Dont Release RC5 till it provides this feature

Guest jaskanFactor

The whole point of siming instead of gettting our feet wet in a real airplane, is cause, we can break the rules when it suites us.A small controversy still surrounds the conspiracy that Default FSX ATC will not vector you into mountains, while RC4 ATC does not have a clue about mountains near your approach, so just click notams, and bury your face in charts.After some lenghty research on this site, i gather what people are saying on the issue of ATC assist is, they would like there to be a setting to increase ATC handholding 1 - to maximum, where atc will vector you safley around mountains on takeoff or approach, and much more.2 - to minimum, where you go and buy charts to increase the realism, so you can vector your own mountainus approaches, and even more difficulties beyond that.WE NEED A DIFFICULTY SETTING, for TakeOff - Approach - Landing Settings.For example 1 - provide relevant ADF and or VORDME, information in the same way that is done for ILS in RC4.So that if am flying to none ILS airport, still provide info on landing aids that can guide me to which runway, as is already done for ILS.2 - The Auto tuning of navaids with or without copilot assist, these should include VOR/ILS, ADF, COURSE setting etc. Many of us would prefer to just hand fly the approach, and let everything else autotune.3 - Copilot should be able to Start-Taxi-TakeOff-Cruise-Descend- Approach-Land-Taxi-Park-Shutdown. By using settings provided in RC5. And if i dont want that, i can turn the option off.

The whole point of siming instead of gettting our feet wet in a real airplane, is cause, we can break the rules when it suites us.A small controversy still surrounds the conspiracy that Default FSX ATC will not vector you into mountains, while RC4 ATC does not have a clue about mountains near your approach, so just click notams, and bury your face in charts.After some lenghty research on this site, i gather what people are saying on the issue of ATC assist is, they would like there to be a setting to increase ATC handholding 1 - to maximum, where atc will vector you safley around mountains on takeoff or approach, and much more.2 - to minimum, where you go and buy charts to increase the realism, so you can vector your own mountainus approaches, and even more difficulties beyond that.WE NEED A DIFFICULTY SETTING, for TakeOff - Approach - Landing Settings.For example 1 - provide relevant ADF and or VORDME, information in the same way that is done for ILS in RC4.So that if am flying to none ILS airport, still provide info on landing aids that can guide me to which runway, as is already done for ILS.2 - The Auto tuning of navaids with or without copilot assist, these should include VOR/ILS, ADF, COURSE setting etc. Many of us would prefer to just hand fly the approach, and let everything else autotune.3 - Copilot should be able to Start-Taxi-TakeOff-Cruise-Descend- Approach-Land-Taxi-Park-Shutdown. By using settings provided in RC5. And if i dont want that, i can turn the option off.
thanks for your detailed input.but i will release v5 when the list of items on my list of enhancements are coded, tested, and verified. hopefully those enhancements will satisfy 1 and 2. for 3, why not start fs, slew to the departure airport, then slew to the arrival airport, and then end the sim. what's the point of having a computer fly a computer sim from start to finish? what are you doing while the computer is flying?

Guest jaskanFactor
thanks for your detailed input.but i will release v5 when the list of items on my list of enhancements are coded, tested, and verified. hopefully those enhancements will satisfy 1 and 2. for 3, why not start fs, slew to the departure airport, then slew to the arrival airport, and then end the sim. what's the point of having a computer fly a computer sim from start to finish? what are you doing while the computer is flying?
Ok Ok Ok, i will slew from now on, and use FSX ATC to guide me round mountainous approaches.

And as far as terrain avoidance is concerned, default ATC will vector you into mountains, at, for example, the notorious LOWI...one reason that an offset-type approach has been implemented at LOWI.BTW. A copilot feature not dissimilar to the one the very courteous (yeah, right...) writer described was attempted in Fly! by Richard Harvey (RIP...) but had quite a few bugs in it...and something like that isn't within the scope of RC to implement. In retrospect though, I must say, quite a coding achievement -- I sometimes tested it out with hairy scary crosswinds -- and sure enough, a flawless landing.