Sign in to follow this  
BobP

OOM Errors with MD-11

I even had errors caused by Capitals. In the aircraft cfg was the texture folder mentioned with a capital, and the texture folder was not written with a capital. Result: error message in ACA2007 and probably a cause of a CTD. Check the error report carefully, as I didn't recognize this fault for some time.

I have Vista 64 with 4gb RAM but still have memory issues with the MD-11. I do not get OOM-errors per-say but I do have this wierd phenomenon where after flying the MD-11 for a few hours, things start disappearing like they're being dumped from the memory. The fuselage disappears in spot view, the VC disappears, then the panel goes black, then FSX crashes.It seems to occur whenever I interrupt the sim in any way, like if I minimize or open a menu.

I have Vista 64 with 4gb RAM but still have memory issues with the MD-11. I do not get OOM-errors per-say but I do have this wierd phenomenon where after flying the MD-11 for a few hours, things start disappearing like they're being dumped from the memory. The fuselage disappears in spot view, the VC disappears, then the panel goes black, then FSX crashes.It seems to occur whenever I interrupt the sim in any way, like if I minimize or open a menu.
I have seen this phenomenon as well, however it only occurred when I was using FSPax, in fact as much as I likeFSPassengers it seems to have memory leaks and causes other stability issues so I stopped using it. Before I gave up however, I put in 8G of memory and boy does FSX like that, lol :( I have not seen the issue since.

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

Rafal, thanks for the F70 pointers :( I do take great care in keeping FS9 quite clean...proper scenery file structures, no duplicate AFCADs, proper scenery numbering in .cfg file,etc. Also, AI textures are definitely DXT3. I have used AES in the past but it created a headache for me on a different system...duplicated all scenery entries in the library and .cfg file and somehow got the entries out of sequence in the .cfg file. What a mess that was :( I haven't installed it on my current system.Believe it or not, I used the MD-11 successfully from TAPA to KMIA last night...1,154NM trip with a block time of 3hrs 09mins...headwinds of course :( TAPA is an addon airport and so is KMIA(with UT-USA and FS Genesis). I can successfully go this route but cannot even get 30 mins. into a route from TAPA to SKBO. Funny how that works,huh?

Well, Joe, to be frank, I guess I undestand it very well.I had to stop using PMDG 747-400 for the OOM reasons.Although the PMDG team would affirm that has nothing to to with their product.Although I have no reason not to believe them.Although I know it probably is a mixture of a few factors.Then, anyway, I was able to make particular route with 763 from Level-D or 772 from PSS and the same route would crash with the queen.I checked that many times. IMHO it is due to the Queen's complexity rhater than something we could call a fault.But the final result for me, a simmer, is that it goes like that in my Sim.It never happened with PMDG 737, so there is something in the 744 system that doesn't like me and some other simmers too.I can't say for sure about MD-11 as somehow I haven't been flying it much actually.Best regards,Rafal

Is anyone else getting consistent OOM errors with the MD-11? More importantly, has anyone found a way to reduce them? How can I tell if I have a memory leak? Thanks in advance.Bob..
I was getting OOM and sceneries/graphic/ screen switching problems. I resolved all of them with switching to FSX DX:10 mode. There are some minor issues with DX:10 mode, but nothing like before I made the switch to DX:10.I have Vista 64. Vista 64 my opinion has many problems with DX:9., because Vista 64 mode is DX:10. Navdia upper graphic cards are DX:10. So, simple logic says, why shall I put step stopper between, FSX DX10, Vista 64 DX:10 and high Graphic cards Navdia 280+ DX:10.This combinations, gave me problem free FSX flying.Try it...Sanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

I was getting OOM and sceneries/graphic/ screen switching problems. I resolved all of them with switching to FSX DX:10 mode. There are some minor issues with DX:10 mode, but nothing like before I made the switch to DX:10.I have Vista 64. Vista 64 my opinion has many problems with DX:9., because Vista 64 mode is DX:10. Navdia upper graphic cards are DX:10. So, simple logic says, why shall I put step stopper between, FSX DX10, Vista 64 DX:10 and high Graphic cards Navdia 280+ DX:10.This combinations, gave me problem free FSX flying.Try it...Sanal
So you mean you just turn on the 'preview' mode, or something else?? I recall having issues when trying todo this, but I don't recall when I last tried, might be before running Vista Ultimate 64. Guess I'll give it anothershot.

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

So you mean you just turn on the 'preview' mode, or something else?? I recall having issues when trying todo this, but I don't recall when I last tried, might be before running Vista Ultimate 64. Guess I'll give it anothershot.
Check the FSX DX10 preview mode. Also, you need to check AA and Anisotropic filtering.In my opinion FSX Passenger, UTraffic-X and Atr72-500X compatibility problems with DX:10 mode/Vista 64Sanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"