Sign in to follow this  
Guest bscarlett2000

ASA cannot connect to FSX

Guest bscarlett2000

A bitof background:I'm running FSX/Accel on a Vista x64 system. I have a separate computer, running XP Pro, that I use for 'utility' programs such as ASA. I have the SDK SP2 installed on both, as well as WideFS.I was running ASX for a while remotely from the XP system, and it worked fine. I've upgraded to ASA, and now it will not connect to FSX. When ASA starts, it shows the 'SimConnect Instantiated' message, then proceeds to process the weather. An 'FSX Connected" message does not appear in ASA or FSX, and FSX does not receive any weather. I've tried launching ASA with both SP1 and SP2 SimConnect options, as well as alternating between ASA and FSX for which starts first. WideFS client connects fine to FSX though, as does the Cockpit Camera.exe from the SDK. It seems to be isolated to ASA. I've attached both the ASA log, and the ASA_Simconnect logs.Any suggestions?thanks,b

Hi,From your SimConnect log, it doesn't look like SimConnect ever connects with FSX. What happens if you run the AI Traffic Utility from the client? Does that connect to FSX and show traffic activity? Have you allowed access through your firewalls on both machines?Please let us know.Thanks,

Guest bscarlett2000
Hi,From your SimConnect log, it doesn't look like SimConnect ever connects with FSX. What happens if you run the AI Traffic Utility from the client? Does that connect to FSX and show traffic activity? Have you allowed access through your firewalls on both machines?Please let us know.Thanks,
Hi Jim, Thanks for the quick reply. Thats what I assumed as well. The AI Traffic Utility works fine, as does the Cockpit Camera. I've diabled firewalls on both systems as well. WideClient works fine also. I may just un-install ASA, re-boot and try a fresh install to see what happens.Brad

Hi,A few other things:WideClient doesn't use SimConnect so don't judge anything by that. Same for any utility that is using Wide Client.I noticed you had installed the SP2 SDK, but you also need the SP1 and the SP1A SDKs as well. Not sure if you installed those as well.If you still have ASX installed on the client, does that still connect fine?Thanks,

Guest bscarlett2000
Hi,A few other things:WideClient doesn't use SimConnect so don't judge anything by that. Same for any utility that is using Wide Client.I noticed you had installed the SP2 SDK, but you also need the SP1 and the SP1A SDKs as well. Not sure if you installed those as well.If you still have ASX installed on the client, does that still connect fine?Thanks,
Hi Jim, I un-installed ASA, ASX and cleaned up a few remnants left over after both of those un-installs. I re-booted and re-installed ASA. I made no other changes to the environment, as the other SimConnect-based software was working fine. And ASA works fine now. :( :( So I'm not sure if ASA was confused by having ASX installed also, or there was a problem with the asx->ASA upgrade, or what. The only issue it has now is a bit of lag between the time that I move to a new airport, and when ASA responds. For example, I flew KSBS to KDEN on an ILS approach, and ASA r/w weather. I then jumped to PHDH and was going to fly to PHNL, but ASA still showed KDEN for about 10 minutes after I had moved to PHDH. The "Lock To FSX Location" was checked as well. Not a big thing but thought I'd let you know. Thanks much for the replies in helping to get ASA up and running.Brad

Hi Brad,Very good and thanks for that information. It does take a bit of time, but 10 minutes does seem a bit too long. You can click the refresh icon and that will trigger a faster reload of the weather.Thanks,