Sign in to follow this  
turner112

A few things I'd like to see in FS200x

One thing quite dominant in real-life flying in regard to radio navigation is interference.Something missing from FS200x is realistic needle deflection due to interference; I've yet to see a VOR needle stay perfectly still the way it does in FS200x. In fact, they seem to bounce around quite a bit in real life - obviously not to the point where they're unusable though!A randomized needle bounce would be nice.. in fact, if it's possible, smooth instrument movement would be welcome.Also regarding interference, I'd love to see (hear) radio interference modeled (randomly I guess) - In real life, all types of odd radio interference are clearly audible during transmission...Last, for now, I'd like to hear the background noise from other pilots' cockpits, including marker beacons, variable transmission strength, one-sided loss of signal reception (such as when you hear ATC but not the pilot), and other pilots talking to each other...I know it's asking a lot! But hey, you know, realism and immersion and all.Oh, also, rain is freaking LOUD on a 172 windscreen.Andrew

Guest moomox

Keep your fingers crossed. You just never know when they'll surprise us. I've wanted blowing snow across runways forever and a day. But i'll just have to keep patient...

Guest moomox

Sure did. Looks like all they needed to do was use a transparent animated texture over the runway... looks really good!

I keep a running list of things I want to see in future versions and will add those to the list. I have used flight pro by jeppesen and the adf needle does act more realistic cant remember if the vor needle does though.Kilstorm

In understanding that with the CoF set for release this summer I would like submit some ideas that I feel would add to the next or future sims while trying not mention items that have already been announced to be included in the CoF release. AI improvement suggestions:1) Ability to fly non-direct routes. Benefits would allow for simmers to create

Hi Kilstorm,Oh man, I should print this out. Right on the money...In fact, small civ craft flying the circuit would be fantastic.. would make this much more like "Sunday" flying.In fact, maybe a variety of radio calls at uncontrolled airports would really boost this too, such as announcing a 45 entry to downwind where appropriate (this is the case at KVAY)...We also had plenty of ultralight, balloon, and radioless (such as Cubs) flying about. The three airports right next to each other (Flying W, South Jersey Regional, and Red Lion) in New Jersey provided some really interesting situations. In FS if all three shared the UNICOM and had the kind of Sunday traffic that's actually there... well, it would be fun...>In understanding that with the CoF set for release this>summer I would like submit some ideas that I feel would add to>the next or future sims while trying not mention items that>have already been announced to be included in the CoF release.> ...