Sign in to follow this  
WarpD

RCA Selection

I'd like to know how the lists are defined for each category. How do items make it on their respective list while others don't?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ok, so no one knows or is willing to explain how the choices for the Reader's Choice Awards are decided?I'm simply curious, with so many things released in a year's time... how is it decided what shows up on the list and what doesn't??

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I'd like to know how the dickens ADE got listed TWICE in the same category?The first and next to last products in the voting poll are the same product! :(

Airport Design Editor - Home Edition FRAPS Video Recording and Screen Capturre Utility The Flight Simulator French Development Team's FSINN VATSIM for Facebook by BBFlights AFCAD 2.1 Scruffy Duck's Airport Design Editor (ADE) Taskforce FSX's AICarriers

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

IIRC, there was a thread a while back where people posted their nominations. But I'm too lazy to double-check if that really is true... :(

In the past, us reviewers have been sent a broad list of suggestions for inclusion in various categories, and asked to choose the ones we thought were the best. Additionally, we were asked if we could suggest other products for consideration too. So effectively, it was simply a case of being asked for suggestions for an intial list of candidates which was then narrowed down. Which I suppose is as good a way as any to do it, because clearly it would be the things people talked about on the forums etc that would spring to mind as suggestions, with the additional benefit that when someone has reviewed something, if that is considered, they've usually taken a really good look at it and are pretty well placed to determine whether it is a suitable candidate. The really important thing is that ultimately, it is the readers who decide what is deserving of a win.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

So there is no actual set process for defining the list?I noticed that the list was loaded with aircraft from a select group in the commercial category. I also noticed, as did Bill, that another product made the same list twice.That's why I wanted to know how the final list of available choices were determined.Since the voters don't get to define the list, what the possible winners are is controlled by others who apparently aren't using a set and well defined process.As I stated, I'm honestly only curious and don't desire this discussion to become an argument or anything. :(

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

So there is no actual set process for defining the list?I noticed that the list was loaded with aircraft from a select group in the commercial category. I also noticed, as did Bill, that another product made the same list twice.That's why I wanted to know how the final list of available choices were determined.Since the voters don't get to define the list, what the possible winners are is controlled by others who apparently aren't using a set and well defined process.As I stated, I'm honestly only curious and don't desire this discussion to become an argument or anything. :(
ADE being in there twice is a big mistake. We'll remove the one with the lowest votes and those votes to the other. As for the "list", do you mean the categories, or the add on's that are placed in the categories?

I'm referring to the actual addons selected for each category.Since I myself don't have to worry about such things as creating lists of addons for people to vote on, my curiosity popped up and made me wonder how you folks here at AVSIM define what goes in the lists.I'll be honest and state I have no idea how I'd handle such a task... LOL

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I do remember some months ago there was a thread here asking for nominations...Gee, I wonder who'll win in this category? :(

6. Best Freeware Environment FSWC's FS Water Configurator
It seems a bit pointless to even have open voting. All it needs is the one vote I gave it! :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator