Sign in to follow this  
Datalink

Flightzone Portland

Hi everyone,I haven't been around here for a while, tried searching but haven't found what I'm looking for and wonder if anyone can help me out. I've just got back into using FSX, and have tried to install the Flightzone Portland scenery into FSX. However the trees don't show correcly, i.e. blacked out. Is there a quick way to solve this issue? I should mention that I added the scenery to the FSX library, keeping the original files where they were installed in FS9. Is this the best way to use the scenery in FSX?Thanks :(

Alaister Kay

Using FS9 scenery in FSX is a hit and miss affair, sometimes it works fine, other times you see graphical anomalies as you are here.You're better off looking for a 'true' FSX scenery for Portland.

Thanks for your quick reply, yeah I was expecting it to be a bit buggy since its not true FSX scenery :( it also hits the old FPS but I just love the Flightzone scenery, nothing comes close.

Alaister Kay

Thanks for your quick reply, yeah I was expecting it to be a bit buggy since its not true FSX scenery :( it also hits the old FPS but I just love the Flightzone scenery, nothing comes close.
Go to the Flight Zone website and search the forum there. Look for a long and detailed post from a fellow who found most of the conflicting bgl files that must be removed to allow FZ02 to work in FSX. His post lists the troublesome files and includes instructions. I now have the scenery working pretty nicely in the Portland area. However, as I fly down the Columbia River to Chehalis and Toledo, I find some shoreline conflicts. But as long as I stay near Portland, which is where I live, everything looks good enough to use this version until the new FSX version is ready.

Go to the Flight Zone website where this topic is addressed in the forum. There is a lengthy post with detailed instructions on how to remove most conflicting bgl files so that FZ02 works in FSX. It works well for me in the Portland viciinity, but if I fly down the Columbia River to Chehalis and Toledo, Washington, shoreline conflicts appear. That's not a problem, however, if I fly around Portland, which I often do since I live just 20 minutes northeast of KPDX.

Hi everyone,I haven't been around here for a while, tried searching but haven't found what I'm looking for and wonder if anyone can help me out. I've just got back into using FSX, and have tried to install the Flightzone Portland scenery into FSX. However the trees don't show correcly, i.e. blacked out. Is there a quick way to solve this issue? I should mention that I added the scenery to the FSX library, keeping the original files where they were installed in FS9. Is this the best way to use the scenery in FSX?Thanks :(
http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=244038Just like old times! :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks lwestdal and Paul :(I guess I should make a copy of the scenery folder in FSX so that the bgl's remain in FS9

Alaister Kay

Thanks lwestdal and Paul :(I guess I should make a copy of the scenery folder in FSX so that the bgl's remain in FS9
Doesn't matter. It's only the SC that you use, and it goes in the AddonScenery folder. The UTX issues are still there, so I took UT_USA off the pc and now just use GEX, (and I'm blind to a lot of things, anyway). :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I have SP2 and I amanaged to make the FZ02 to work decently on my PC.check this thread out carefully.http://www.flightscenery.com/phpBB2/viewto...asc&start=0After you remove the trees, if you have Instant scenery (Flight1) you can create your own FSX (Tree bgl)Bnick also says the following "phx-2004seasons.bgl needed removing..." But I left that bgl. This is the whole Portland area photoscenery. Yeah, some buildings don't look good...but these are autogens and they never looked good even when they work. so its no biggie. so I did not remove this file and I am happy,

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter