Sign in to follow this  
Guest highflight1985

Partially Invisible Aircraft!

Guest highflight1985

Hm. This is very strange. I have just noticed a very distrubing problem with the majority of my aircraft.The issue is that most of them are missing pieces of the model/partially inivisible. What is even more disturbing is all but one of the models in my sim that are experiencing this problem are payware; the one that isn't payware is the default Cub...Here is a list of the aircraft that are experiencing this problem:--Carenado's C172N, C152--Eaglesoft's Cirrus SR22, Twin Comanche--PMDG's 747 and MD11--Wilco's Citation X and A380Note: I have other payware aircraft as well, that display fine. Such as the Citation II, Carenado C182, and Captain Sim Space Shuttle. Also, once again, the default J3 Cub is also affected.Any ideas?

I've seen pics of models having missing or corrupt textures which result in the model being displayed in a very haphazard fashion. I've not heard of partially invisible models so you'll have to provide us with some screenshots which illustrate your problem. It could be the same problem, but it's hard to tell from your description.

Mike Beckwith

Guest highflight1985
I've seen pics of models having missing or corrupt textures which result in the model being displayed in a very haphazard fashion. I've not heard of partially invisible models so you'll have to provide us with some screenshots which illustrate your problem. It could be the same problem, but it's hard to tell from your description.
Okay, I'll do that, but I'll have to do it tomorrow. Just to cover all my bases, I've uninstalled all my addons for FSX and FS9, and uninstalled both versions of the sim entirely. (Note: I did not look to see if this issue was happening on FS9 as well, as I don't really use it anymore. Another reason for my uninstalling it.) I will be reinstalling FSX (and only FSX) tomorrow after work. I'll take a screenshot of the cub and a couple other default aircraft. I'll then install just the Carenado 172 and the PMDG MD11. No other addons before installing and I'll take screenshots in between each of the installations of those two aircraft. I figure that's the most logical scientific approach I can take.

Sometimes this issue can be resolved by turning off aircraft shadows. Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest highflight1985

Well, folks, looks like maybe my uninstall and reinstall did the trick. I don't know why, but hey. Here are a few screenshots of it working just fine...Fresh Install (FSX + Accel), no addons:FreshInstall.jpgSince I'm a Cessna driver of a model nearly identical to the Carenado, I installed it first:FirstAddon-CarenadoC172.jpgI'm in love with the Cirrus; I'd get one if I could afford it. This was the second addon I instaled:SecondAddon-CirrusSR22.jpgAnd finally, over the numbers with the PMDG 747:ThirdAddon-PMDG747-1.jpgAnother look (all hand-flown, BTW):ThirdAddon-PMDG747-2.jpgI should note that if I alt-tab out of FSX, the Cirrus model goes all wacky and I have to reload the aircraft in order for it to look right again. Also, the 747 caused FSX to crash the first time I loaded it. Reloaded FSX and all seems fine. All except for the fact that the PMDG 747 kills my frames on my AMD / nVidia 8800 / 4GB RAM system. I'm usually able to keep maybe 15fps, but with this, I'm down to 8 or less! Oh well, price you pay for near-perfection. (I love the vibrating spoilers on landing roll!)I'll keep adding my addons back in, one by one, until either I add them all back or until I discover what might have caused my problem before. For now, enjoy the screenshots.

Glad to hear you got it working again Highflight. If you get a chance have a look at the picture in this discussion to see if it is anything like your problem.

Mike Beckwith