Sign in to follow this  
waly87

Autobrake issue

Hiya,Currently using Fs9 and was wondering if there was anyway to activate the autobrakes(i.e. to make them work) in the posky 737 series of aircraft? I've tried changing panels, reading the aircraft.cfg file and the .AIR file as well and everything seems to work fine(and look similar to other non-posky 737 with functioning autobrakes). Also searched the forums for anything related to this and haven't really come across any topic relating to what i'm after (maybe i didn't search properly). But, please...if there's anyone who can help me or direct me to where i can resolve this issue, i would be very greatful.ThanksWaly

Hiya,Currently using Fs9 and was wondering if there was anyway to activate the autobrakes(i.e. to make them work) in the posky 737 series of aircraft? I've tried changing panels, reading the aircraft.cfg file and the .AIR file as well and everything seems to work fine(and look similar to other non-posky 737 with functioning autobrakes). Also searched the forums for anything related to this and haven't really come across any topic relating to what i'm after (maybe i didn't search properly). But, please...if there's anyone who can help me or direct me to where i can resolve this issue, i would be very greatful.ThanksWaly
Are you saying that aliasing the panel to the default b737-400 panel (which has autobrakes) does not work?Just curious to know if you have tried that.Edit added: Have you tried the forums at the Posky website? http://forum.projectopensky.com/

This is known issue with POSKY aircraft. The problem is their "super duper realistic" FDE's and an overabundance of contact points if I'm not mistaken. You should be able to find plenty of discussion about it on their forums. If you can find them, use the "easy" FDE's instead. Or look for commented out contact point sections in the aircraft.cfg file.

Mike...

Are you saying that aliasing the panel to the default b737-400 panel (which has autobrakes) does not work?Just curious to know if you have tried that.Edit added: Have you tried the forums at the Posky website? http://forum.projectopensky.com/
:( ...how do you go about doing that please?I did look at the forums there, especially the 737 topics and didn't find anything there that could really help
This is known issue with POSKY aircraft. The problem is their "super duper realistic" FDE's and an overabundance of contact points if I'm not mistaken. You should be able to find plenty of discussion about it on their forums. If you can find them, use the "easy" FDE's instead. Or look for commented out contact point sections in the aircraft.cfg file.
Oh yea, i was reading something about it being contact points n stuff...and looked at the cfg file n stuff but i didn't really come across anything that could help me make the autobrakes work...Would have asked but from the responses i read on their forums, questions don't seem too welcome. Thank you though. How do i get the "easy" FDE's please?

Would have asked but from the responses i read on their forums, questions don't seem too welcome.
Also a known "issue".:( I had a look around, but I couldn't immediately find the easy FDE's. Not sure if they have those anymore. Not sure if they ever had them for the 737 come to think of it. The one aircraft I downloaded did have a two different contact point sections, one of which was commented out with the forward slashes (// ...). So have another look and see if you can find anything. Regular contact points are only a few as opposed to the many realistic ones. Also, the autobrake panel might work for you: http://www.projectopensky.com/downloads.ph...on=panelpackage.Other than that, you're on your own.*Cough* http://secure.simmarket.com/overland-fly-i...g-edition.phtml *Cough*:(

Mike...

Guest Ken_Leedham

For anyone that is still trying to solve this issue - the autobrakes (and automatic spoiler deployment) will not work with POSKY planes in FS2004 because the default MS autobrake and autospoiler logic will only recognise three 'gear' contact points, and POSKY, in an attempt to be more 'realistic' have added points for each wheel (so in the 737 they have 2 for the nose and 2 for each side).There are a couple of ways to solve this (neither of which is supported by POSKY, so far as I understand):1) reduce the number of 'gear' contact points back to 3 - e.g. replace:// Nose Gearpoint.0 = 1, 48.450, -0.67, -8.85, 1181.1, 0, 1.777, 75.00, 1.000, 1.500, 0.550, 9.000, 9.000, 0, 235.0, 320.0point.1 = 1, 48.450, 0.67, -8.85, 1181.1, 0, 1.777, 75.00, 1.000, 1.500, 0.550, 9.000, 9.000, 0, 235.0, 320.0// Left Main Gearpoint.2=1, -5.00, -9.99, -9.20, 1574.8, 1, 1.442, 0.00, 1.0, 2.5, 0.650, 6.9, 6.9, 2, 230.0, 320.0point.3=1, -5.00, -7.16, -9.20, 1574.8, 1, 1.442, 0.00, 1.0, 2.5, 0.650, 6.9, 6.9, 2, 230.0, 320.0// Right Main Gearpoint.4=1, -5.00, 9.99, -9.20, 1574.8, 2, 1.442, 0.00, 1.0, 2.5, 0.650, 7.1, 7.1, 3, 230.0, 320.0point.5=1, -5.00, 7.16, -9.20, 1574.8, 2, 1.442, 0.00, 1.0, 2.5, 0.650, 7.1, 7.1, 3, 230.0, 320.0in the aircraft.cfg with:// Nose Gearpoint.0 = 1, 48.450, -0.00, -8.85, 1181.1, 0, 1.777, 75.00, 1.000, 1.500, 0.550, 9.000, 9.000, 0, 235.0, 320.0// Left Main Gearpoint.1=1, -5.00, -8.575, -9.20, 1574.8, 1, 1.442, 0.00, 1.0, 2.5, 0.650, 6.9, 6.9, 2, 230.0, 320.0// Right Main Gearpoint.2=1, -5.00, 8.575, -9.20, 1574.8, 2, 1.442, 0.00, 1.0, 2.5, 0.650, 7.1, 7.1, 3, 230.0, 320.0Note that you will then have to renumber all the subsequent contact points to that they are continuous (i.e. change point.6 to point.3 and so on right down to the last one), and adjust the total number of points:max_number_of_points = 34instead of 37.If you do this, the autobrakes and auto-spoilers in any panel should work with these planes. You might also want to change the line:toe_brakes_scale = 0.43 //Brake scalarto something like:toe_brakes_scale = 0.75 //Brake scalaras the autobrakes are very weak otherwise... but perhaps they should be.2) The other way to solve this is to use the special POSKY autobrake gauge, which was released with some POSKY service packs. I know they released it for the 777. I don't think they ever released it for the 737. I must admit I haven't actually tried this solution - I find modifying the contact points has no really significant effect on operational realism, and it enables you to use any panel with the POSKY planes and have the brakes and spoilers work without problems.Happy flying,KenL

Now What the H$LL that supposed to mean!. Please explain, Lets work on that cough with some mental, I mean Menthol.Do you work for PCPilot, ComputerPilot magazine or any other review partner in the FREEMARKET of the flightsim world.I guess not right. HMM ok. Then there must be the Naughty version that comes with the crappy work your link is featuring about.Knowing their work would be leaked out into the piracy world.When one purchase they will obtain the full model with Updated FDE and many fixes.So which is it:It has to be one or the other. You couldn't be a reviewer because that remark is unproffesional.kept me silenced a little bit to long now sir. That simple remark bit my tongue.Once again please explain why would you throw that in. And trust me don't let the NEWBIE fool ya!I don't care How many posts you have. If that grows hair on your chest, So be.Purchase it, That cough would be gone quicker than any medicine Belgium has ever have.Cheers! Mate and please let me know how the cough is going When one has purchase the product.

Not that I completely understand what you're talking about, but I merely hinted at an alternative to POSKY's work, albeit payware. The Overland packages are great value for money and they are being enjoyed by many simmers.:(

Mike...