Sign in to follow this  
Guest dougwells

VR Insight - G1000 Pit

Guest dougwells

I was very impressed by VR Insights Jetpit ( http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...rod_vri_jetpit)Does anyone know if they plan a similar screen overlay panel for a G1000? I would buy that so fast that it would make my wife's weekly budget checks on Quicken quicker than marshmellow at a girlscout's campfire!

Guest rdg
I was very impressed by VR Insights Jetpit ( http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...rod_vri_jetpit)Does anyone know if they plan a similar screen overlay panel for a G1000? I would buy that so fast that it would make my wife's weekly budget checks on Quicken quicker than marshmellow at a girlscout's campfire!
Hi,One fella on a forum, cant remember which one, but he ordered a VR product and said the docs were terrible. Also, I noted that although specific a/c are mentioned to be compatible, they only mention the default a/c. It would seem that the products do not claim to be compatible with many of the most popular GA as an example. I would be cautious, unless of course you know someone who is already using the one you are interested in.RegardsBob G

If you are looking for an add-on to replace the default G1000s in FSX, go with Mindstar. You can't go wrong with their's. I have heard nothing but good stuff about it, and eaglesoft said they are partnering with Mindstar to put their G1000 in one of eaglesoft's planes! Only thing is when I checked the forums, one guy said that their is a problem with overlapping or panels not being mapped in the virtual cockpit, or something like that. It might be fixed, but if not, they will probably fix it in a new version.Search google for: Mindstar Garmin G1000, and you'll be able to buy it there. :(Hope this G1000 is for you!

If you are looking for an add-on to replace the default G1000s in FSX, go with Mindstar. You can't go wrong with their's.
The problem I see with Mindstar is that it only works in the C172 and does not yet support VISTA.

Tom

The problem I see with Mindstar is that it only works in the C172 and does not yet support VISTA.
I see there is a Vista beta over there though. If the product works for Windows XP, it should work for Vista (except for Wilco products :(, which I heard have tons of problems). One of the developers said that if you buy the full product, you get a beta for free (its in the forums somewhere, sorry I don't have a link :(). They will probably develop the product for more aircraft as time goes on, but I understand your grief with it only being for the C172. Hey look at the bright side, that's what a lot of people fly in real life (30,000 produced C172s :(). Some people there have the product running fine on Vista, and I think they might not have the beta.

I see there is a Vista beta over there though. If the product works for Windows XP, it should work for Vista (except for Wilco products :(, which I heard have tons of problems). One of the developers said that if you buy the full product, you get a beta for free (its in the forums somewhere, sorry I don't have a link B)). They will probably develop the product for more aircraft as time goes on, but I understand your grief with it only being for the C172. Hey look at the bright side, that's what a lot of people fly in real life (30,000 produced C172s :(). Some people there have the product running fine on Vista, and I think they might not have the beta.
VR insight is marketed by Wilco, it is not build by Wilco. Wilco specializes in software, some of it is good some of it is terrible. I've got the VR insight M-panel and it was I who had said that the manual stinks. the Mpanel is self explaining so that really doesn't matter. It is able to be used in some 3rd party aircraft and all default aircraft. I've got the Flight1 ATR snoring about, but only a few elements of the M-panel work with that plane. I guess this goes for all of the VR-insight stuff because they have to program so many things for a lot of 3rd party planes. It seems to me they are only a small company and thus can not program each and every plane into their tools. Some planes (like the ATR) have their own sorce code, to make thing more difficult. These codes are obviously copyrighted as well. Check out their website for the availability of your desired airplane. I've seen the propit and jetpit screens. They are really "just" touchscreen PC-monitors. Nice though. I've they'd had a twin turbo propit I might have bought it, but they aren't really cheap to say the least, so I'll have to do a lot of talking to my wife first... limited possibilities of success though :( The M-panel is, really the nice priced thing to have with a lot of functionality.

No, what is true is that Mindstart only supplies configuration files for the C172. You can install it in any aircraft you wish, but you will have to edit the panel.cfg file yourself...However, that said... there are quite a few user-created panel.cfg files for various default and third-party aircraft available... :( Also, Vista support is available in the current beta version, which any customer can request to join.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator