Sign in to follow this  
Guest 787seattle

Is this a good system for FSX?

Guest 787seattle

First off, apologies in advance if I posted this in the wrong forum.So I have a new system and was wondering if it will work well with FSX (or should I stick with FS9)?Specs:HP Pavilion dv7-1232nrATI Radeon HD 3200AMD Turion X2 Dual Core Mobile RN-74 processor (2.2GHz)4GB RAMVista Home Premium x64Thanks for any input.

Stick with FS9

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Sorry if this hurts your feeling.Your system isn't capable for FSX, like others FS9 is suitable for you.If you want to fun FSX all high, I recommend this.( My future build, currently saving up)-i7 920-Evga X58, Or the Asus X58-Corsairs 6GB DDR3-Raptor drive 10,000rpm*Note* This can range over $1,000 usd. If you really love sims,like me. It worth fit to invest the money you earn/save and spend it on a custom-build system to run FSX super smooth on vast details with a lot of addons. You will be happy you make the right choice and FSX is flying smooth:)Happy Flight,-Vincent

Guest 787seattle

Thanks for everyone's input. I'll just stick with FS9.

Guest Ozmanguday

So would you like to share your experience with FS9 on your current system? Do you see any benifit as you are using the Vista 64?I would like to get a new laptop myself, and was thinking about a running FS9 on a at least 2,66 or 2,80 Ghz Core 2 Duo, with a 7200 rpm HD, and dedicated Vram at 512MB. I was planning to have XP installed on it, though, would FS9 run better with Vista-32, or perhaps Vista-64?So, as you said you'll stick with FS9, I am curious to your experience(s).Regards.

Sorry if this hurts your feeling.Your system isn't capable for FSX, like others FS9 is suitable for you.If you want to fun FSX all high, I recommend this.( My future build, currently saving up)-i7 920-Evga X58, Or the Asus X58-Corsairs 6GB DDR3-Raptor drive 10,000rpm*Note* This can range over $1,000 usd. If you really love sims,like me. It worth fit to invest the money you earn/save and spend it on a custom-build system to run FSX super smooth on vast details with a lot of addons. You will be happy you make the right choice and FSX is flying smooth:)Happy Flight,-Vincent
Its a laptop, hence the "Mobile" in his AMD processor :(.You'll be able to play FSX on that laptop. Maybe Low to Medium settings, but don't let someone limit you! Best thing to do is try it out for yourself. It won't hurt you!