Sign in to follow this  
Guest manniko

Some questions and remarks - MD-11

Guest manniko

Hi Folks,I got two questions today and hope there will be somebody out there who knows the answers.Question 1.)Is there any possibility to update the QNH according to your position (when flying online ) by only pressing a key? It is annoying always to change the QNH manually from standard to ground QNH and vice versa. Question 2.) When I used the LOAD Manager for the MD-11 for the first time, I could click the button for the dual monitor function. After I have re-installed my system, this button is greyed out and no more cklickable. Would like to get at least the full moon during night flights in a fair round shape and not like an egg shaped object. Any clues?One Question off Topic here - but I hope for help:When I still used FS9, I bought the Mega Airport Frankfurt X from Aerosoft. Initially everything worked as it should. A lot of AI's where around - static and moving. Since I installed FSX, only some static A/Cs are parked at the A/P and some very simple small cars are moving all over the place which were generated by FSX itself and not by Mega Airport. I am sure that there are a lot of simmers out there having also some A/Ps from the Mega A/P X serious (AEROSOFT) under FSX installed. Has anybody noticed the same situation and has somebody an idea how to get the animated AI's back on screen ? Finally I have some remarks regarding the MD-11 which I own now for a couple of weeks. I am really satisfied with this add-on A/C, its performance and its complexiticy and the efforts they have done to achieve a very high standard of reality. But something is very very far from the reality. 1.) All functions of the A/C are simulated very near to the operation of a real MD-11 but simple things they missed. My MD-11 is really not standing on the ground and if I am moving the plane (taxiing) on the ground it looks like ******* is walking over water. It looks very bad and is far from any reality. I would like to have a plane which is standing with all itsd feet on the ground and not floating. Not even moving wheels are programmed. 2.) The outside textures of this A/P is not the standard I expected when I bought a state-of-the-art add-on plane. It looks like the PMDG crew made the outside textures of the MD-11 at the end - after they finished the phantastic interior job - and they wanted to finish the job quickly. I also own from WILCO the Boeing 737 - series. You should have a look at the exterior design of these aircrafts. Perfect in nearly all single parts of the plane and everything in a very high resolution. The gears are more than perfect replicated and the wheels are turning if the plane is moving and the plane is standing really on the ground. You can even notice the low tire pressure. I would wish that PMDG would have taken more care and effort in programming the exterior of the MD-11. Since an update will be released by next week, I hope there will be some improvements. Anyway - the performance of the MD-11 is outstanding with a few small glitches but it is worth every cent we spent on it. We are expecting better with the next airplanes which will be released by the PMDG crew. Regards from the saudi arabian desert. Manfred H. Kohl ( Riyadh OERK )

Question 1.)Is there any possibility to update the QNH according to your position (when flying online ) by only pressing a key? It is annoying always to change the QNH manually from standard to ground QNH and vice versa.
The standard FSX key for this is B. Doing it manually is more realistic of course... :( I always enter radio freqs and things like that manually instead of using the ATC-window quick keys.

Hi Folks,Question 2.) When I used the LOAD Manager for the MD-11 for the first time, I could click the button for the dual monitor function. After I have re-installed my system, this button is greyed out and no more cklickable. Would like to get at least the full moon during night flights in a fair round shape and not like an egg shaped object. Any clues?One Question off Topic here - but I hope for help:When I still used FS9, I bought the Mega Airport Frankfurt X from Aerosoft. Initially everything worked as it should. A lot of AI's where around - static and moving. Since I installed FSX, only some static A/Cs are parked at the A/P and some very simple small cars are moving all over the place which were generated by FSX itself and not by Mega Airport. I am sure that there are a lot of simmers out there having also some A/Ps from the Mega A/P X serious (AEROSOFT) under FSX installed. Has anybody noticed the same situation and has somebody an idea how to get the animated AI's back on screen ? Manfred H. Kohl ( Riyadh OERK )
Ouestion 2Sorry, don

Guest manniko
The standard FSX key for this is B. Doing it manually is more realistic of course... :( I always enter radio freqs and things like that manually instead of using the ATC-window quick keys.
Hi J van E,thanks for reply, off course the standard key ""B"" for FSX is known and works normally but it does not work with the MD-11 environmentRegards from the desert of Saudi Arabia,Manfred H. Kohl (Riyadh - OERK )

Guest manniko
Ouestion 2Sorry, don

Hi J van E,thanks for reply, off course the standard key ""B"" for FSX is known and works normally but it does not work with the MD-11 environmentRegards from the desert of Saudi Arabia,Manfred H. Kohl (Riyadh - OERK )
Er... you mean that pressing B has no effect when you fly the MD-11...? It definitely does work here...! Weird.

Hi Leffe,thanks for reply. Since I am using 2 x 22" widescreen monitors, the moon appears oblong shaped if I am using the full screen. Under FS9 I could adjust the monitors within the Load Manager - now no more ??!!With regard to the setup program for the MegaAirport: I do not have this file. I heard already that there should be such a *.exe program but obviously it is only on the CD version available. I bought it as a D/L version and it is not there. Regards from Riyadh OERKManfred H. Kohl ( OERK )
I guess you have you checked in your "EDDF_2005" folder also?BTW. I was in Buraidah (Qassim area) Saudi Arabia 1993-1995, (2 years) working for ABV Rock Group./ Leffe

Guest manniko
Er... you mean that pressing B has no effect when you fly the MD-11...? It definitely does work here...! Weird.
It is not working with me Joeren. I will check again the key assignments for FSX and MD-11 , maybe I can de-activate the B-Key in FSX and assign it to the MD-11 for the QNH update. Ciao Joeren and thanks,Manfred H. KohlRiyadh (OERK)

Guest manniko
I guess you have you checked in your "EDDF_2005" folder also?BTW. I was in Buraidah (Qassim area) Saudi Arabia 1993-1995, (2 years) working for ABV Rock Group./ Leffe
Hi Leffe,I could not find a directory named EDDF_2005 ... ???? I am here in Riyadh already 26 years by now - since April 5, 1983 ;-)I think, I have to live without the nice animated AIs.Thank you anyway and regards,Manfred Riyadh OERK

Hi Leffe,I could not find a directory named EDDF_2005 ... ???? I am here in Riyadh already 26 years by now - since April 5, 1983 ;-)I think, I have to live without the nice animated AIs.Thank you anyway and regards,Manfred Riyadh OERK
Ohh my god he he he....we always said if Expats were there to long, they become transformed to a Camel :( (No offence) I applausse you :( (The only think I could think on, uninstall and reinstall, maybe it