Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

PMDG747x @KSEA 16R/34L

Hi all,I'm trying to land the 747 in Seattle Tacoma on rw 16R/34L (which I get assigned from ATC). I have installed new AFCADS (from Owen C) which show the new runway 16R/34L. ILS approaches are in accordance with navigraph charts. I also installed the the airac navdata 0902 for pmdg. My problem: FMC does not show ILS 16R/34L in the arrival section. And, if I change (ATC) to ILS 34C and activate it in the FMC, the localizer does not wortk. Any ideas what I#m doing wrong?kind regardsharry martin

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Navigraph navdata 0902 certainly has the new runway and provides data for 16/34 L/C/R ... I just double checked. I do not use their sidstars but all six ILS approaches should be included. They are in my sidstar collection, if you want to give them a try look for cycle_0902_sidstars.zip in avsim library.You can open the KSEA.txt file and look towards the bottom of the file, you should see APPROACH ILS16R ect... if not then you should go to Navigraph forum and complain.AFCADs will not affect the FMS in any way... but they are the source for the ILS signal. Check the ILS with a default aircraft, symptoms should be the same.

Dan Downs KCRP

Navigraph navdata 0902 certainly has the new runway and provides data for 16/34 L/C/R ... I just double checked. I do not use their sidstars but all six ILS approaches should be included. They are in my sidstar collection, if you want to give them a try look for cycle_0902_sidstars.zip in avsim library.You can open the KSEA.txt file and look towards the bottom of the file, you should see APPROACH ILS16R ect... if not then you should go to Navigraph forum and complain.AFCADs will not affect the FMS in any way... but they are the source for the ILS signal. Check the ILS with a default aircraft, symptoms should be the same.
Thank you, you are right. In the sidstar KSEA.txt file APPROACH ILS16R/34L entries are missing. With default aircraft all ILS approaches work fine.Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Because default aircraft don't have a FMC with their own navdata. You don't need the RNAV ILS approach though.... Just select the runway and the ILS radio will still autotune the frequency and front course if the runway has an ILS. If not then you'll need to pay a visit to the Nav Radio page and manually enter the data.

Just successful landed the 747 @KSEA 34L (I installed KSEA.txt from avsims 0902 airac)Thanks again!Harry

- Harry