Sign in to follow this  
Guest CX355

Not Loading

Guest CX355

Purchased the ASA upgrade yesterday, it opened just fine. Flew one flight, loaded the Guage and now nothing. I get the white box with nothing in it followed by a message that ASA has encountered a problem........I then reloaded program using repair, unloaded gauge and still nothing.Any ideas on this? Thank You Vincent

Guest CX355
Purchased the ASA upgrade yesterday, it opened just fine. Flew one flight, loaded the Guage. Went to use it today now nothing. I get a white box with nothing in it(where you would normally see program stuff) followed by a message that ASA has encountered a problem........I then removed the program reloaded and still nothing.Any ideas on this? Thank You Vincent

Hi,Sorry for the problem.What I would like you to try is to uninstall X Gauge and then ASA. Reinstall ASA and just run that and see what happens. Please report back when you get a chance.Thanks,

Guest CX355
Hi,Sorry for the problem.What I would like you to try is to uninstall X Gauge and then ASA. Reinstall ASA and just run that and see what happens. Please report back when you get a chance.Thanks,
Hi Jim, Okay I did as you requested, nothing changed. I have infact tried this several times w/no effect. When I down loaded it last night I had no problems with the program and even flew a flight. That was w/out the gauge. I then installed the gauge which was working until I restarted FS9.and ASA. I read the threads ( I am using FS9) pertaining to FSX w/ those experiencing simaliar problems I too thought it was the gauge.My next step was to totally remove the product all files etc. except ASV6.5 which I have installed, reload the product and start anew. I have been unable to get the program to launch since initial install????? This problem has me confused....Vincent

Guest CX355
Hi Jim, Okay I did as you requested, nothing changed. I have infact tried this several times w/no effect. When I down loaded it last night I had no problems with the program and even flew a flight. That was w/out the gauge. I then installed the gauge which was working until I restarted FS9.and ASA. I read the threads ( I am using FS9) pertaining to FSX w/ those experiencing simaliar problems I too thought it was the gauge.My next step was to totally remove the product all files etc. except ASV6.5 which I have installed, reload the product and start anew. I have been unable to get the program to launch since initial install????? This problem has me confused....Vincent
PS..XP All SP to date

Hi,Please post your ASA_Log.txt file.Thanks,

Guest CX355
Hi,Please post your ASA_Log.txt file.Thanks,

Hi,This is perplexing because ASA doesn't even begin to run.Uninstall again, but this time manually delete the ASA folder in the install path and the folder in the Documents and Settings/User Name/Application Data/HiFi/ASA path.Then re-install.Thanks,

Guest CX355
Hi,This is perplexing because ASA doesn't even begin to run.Uninstall again, but this time manually delete the ASA folder in the install path and the folder in the Documents and Settings/User Name/Application Data/HiFi/ASA path.Then re-install.Thanks,
Jim, I am not sure exactly what you mean "delete the ASA folder in the install path" where is that or what is that....as for the second part do I delete the entire ASA folder or only parts of it's contents? Vincent

Guest CX355
Jim, I am not sure exactly what you mean "delete the ASA folder in the install path" where is that or what is that....as for the second part do I delete the entire ASA folder or only parts of it's contents? Vincent
See the attached, this is what I am seeing in Documents and settings and pretaining to my question...V

Hi,First, use the Add/Remove Software Screen in Control Panel.However, there will be two places where there will still be some files in ASA folders left behind.One place will be in the install path where you installed ASA. I can't tell you the exact path.The other will be in Documents and Settings/User Name/Application Data/HiFiBoth folders are called ASA.Delete the whole folder in both cases.Thanks,

Guest CX355
Hi,First, use the Add/Remove Software Screen in Control Panel.However, there will be two places where there will still be some files in ASA folders left behind.One place will be in the install path where you installed ASA. I can't tell you the exact path.The other will be in Documents and Settings/User Name/Application Data/HiFiBoth folders are called ASA.Delete the whole folder in both cases.Thanks,

Guest CX355

Jim, I went back and deleted any and all files manually...anywhere I could find them, and it worked,(although have done this before..?) HOWEVER, it started two times for me and then went back to not loading, I attempted to load it after starting FS Auto start, which I do before each flight it failed to load. I then uninstalled the program and reinstalled it with FS Auto start still running in the background...I did not reboot during this procedure. ASA is currently running..I will get back w/you tomorrow. This is really strange but maybe you can conclude something from this. I personally do not think FS Autostart has anything to do with the problem ......Vincent

Hi,FSAuto Start may be closing some Windows processes that are needed by our program. I would suggest not running for awhile and keep using ASA and see what happens.Thanks,

Guest CX355
Hi,FSAuto Start may be closing some Windows processes that are needed by our program. I would suggest not running for awhile and keep using ASA and see what happens.Thanks,
Jim, I will forward a screen shot of FSAuto start after my flight and see if there is anything on there you would recognize as a potential problem. Since last night I have had no more problems w/ program loading even w/ FSA-start loaded...HOWEVER, I am unable to load the map in ASA. When I hit areas on the screen wx info will appear in print, but there are NO graphics being shown. I did load the Xguage (radar) and that too will not come up using the default keys, this includes the Default Cessna..It will appear if I use the FS Menu method, but that for me is a way I choose to avoid. When I loaded it (XGauge), only the Capt sim 757 and the PMDG 737-700,800 were listed as unable to load the Gauge. Last I have a question about ASA, I am alittle confused with the graphics portion, With ASv6.5 I had the option to use GEPro or stay w/ ASV6.5 graphics, is this option still viable in ASA? and if so how do I use those ASV6.5 graphics/textures as opposed to GEPro? Does ASA have it's own graphics as ASV6.5 did? :(