Sign in to follow this  
Guest CX355

Not Loading

Guest CX355
Jim, I will forward a screen shot of FSAuto start after my flight and see if there is anything on there you would recognize as a potential problem. Since last night I have had no more problems w/ program loading even w/ FSA-start loaded...HOWEVER, I am unable to load the map in ASA. When I hit areas on the screen wx info will appear in print, but there are NO graphics being shown. I did load the Xguage (radar) and that too will not come up using the default keys, this includes the Default Cessna..It will appear if I use the FS Menu method, but that for me is a way I choose to avoid. When I loaded it (XGauge), only the Capt sim 757 and the PMDG 737-700,800 were listed as unable to load the Gauge. Last I have a question about ASA, I am alittle confused with the graphics portion, With ASv6.5 I had the option to use GEPro or stay w/ ASV6.5 graphics, is this option still viable in ASA? and if so how do I use those ASV6.5 graphics/textures as opposed to GEPro? :(

Hi,A few others had this same problem with the Map screen and if I remember, it has something to do with their Windows settings and showing things in high contrast. Even the border of ASA should be a dark blue color, not light blue.If GEP is installed on the same machine as ASA you can get the 2 programs to communicate to chose ground textures. I don't know if you have GEP installed on the same machine though.You can use the ASv6.5 graphics through the ASA Snapshot feature. You can auto generate some snapshots from the Graphics screen using the Extended Integration icon and ASA will generate some snapshots using the graphics from ASv6.5, if you still have it installed. Then when you process a plan in ASA you will be given the option of installing a Snapshot, based on the weather conditions from your route.Thanks,

Guest CX355
Hi,A few others had this same problem with the Map screen and if I remember, it has something to do with their Windows settings and showing things in high contrast. Even the border of ASA should be a dark blue color, not light blue.If GEP is installed on the same machine as ASA you can get the 2 programs to communicate to chose ground textures. I don't know if you have GEP installed on the same machine though.You can use the ASv6.5 graphics through the ASA Snapshot feature. You can auto generate some snapshots from the Graphics screen using the Extended Integration icon and ASA will generate some snapshots using the graphics from ASv6.5, if you still have it installed. Then when you process a plan in ASA you will be given the option of installing a Snapshot, based on the weather conditions from your route.Thanks,
Jim, Thanks, I will experiment w/ windows settings and see what developes..The program has not had any loading problems now for the last 5 or 6 times, hopefully that part of it is over. I still cannot get the ATIS voice 122.0 to work, no big deal as it probably won't work w/ RCV....as for the remaining items, I do still have ASV 6.5 and GE pro installed and they will remain. I will go back and read the manual again, I guess I am confused as to what snapshot is all about, probably still in ASV6.5 mind frame. I will carefully look over all you sent me here and play around. Vincent

OK thanks. Ask further questions as they come up!Thanks,

Guest CX355
OK thanks. Ask further questions as they come up!Thanks,
Hi Jim, me again...well after many successful starts ASA hit the no load problem again, was able to reinstall after two attempts the briefing map program still will not work, and the Xguage will not come up using the shift-N or #5, only through the menu, last time I installed the Xguage had 125 out of 127 planes load, this reinstall only 3 out of 127, that really has me wondering. There has to be something in there that does not like me :( I have tried evrything I can think of, this is a first for me. Maybe you will be able to come up w/ a solution at some point, I am still trying to figure out the Snap shot idea and how that works..also see attached, I am unable to read the info which comes up as it blends with the background. Does this picture/attachment look as it should? Thank you as always Vincent

Guest CX355
Hi Jim, me again...well after many successful starts ASA hit the no load problem again, was able to reinstall after two attempts the briefing map program still will not work, and the Xguage will not come up using the shift-N or #5, only through the menu, last time I installed the Xguage had 125 out of 127 planes load, this reinstall only 3 out of 127, that really has me wondering. There has to be something in there that does not like me :( I have tried evrything I can think of, this is a first for me. Maybe you will be able to come up w/ a solution at some point, I am still trying to figure out the Snap shot idea and how that works..also see attached, I am unable to read the info which comes up as it blends with the background. Does this picture/attachment look as it should? Thank you as always Vincent
Jim, got the XGauge to work found the problem there...my stupid fault..sorry on that one...

Hi,OK good! What did you do to fix this?No, your ASA does not look right. It should have a dark blue border. I'll bet you don't see anything on the Map screen also.What specific questions do you have about the Snapshot system?Thanks,

Guest CX355
Hi,OK good! What did you do to fix this?No, your ASA does not look right. It should have a dark blue border. I'll bet you don't see anything on the Map screen also.What specific questions do you have about the Snapshot system?Thanks,
I even hesitate to tell you, but I deleted all key assignments in FS9 a long time ago and use FSUIPC almost exclusively. I found the default key in FS9 for the Xguage (shift-N for window 4) and then assigned it, I then went through acrft CFG to find the window XG was assigned for each acrft type and then reassigned my own key assigments according to each acrft through FSUIPC. I was assuming that your XG was like FSNav, etc. and had a key assigned that FS9 was not using. I did not realize it was a FS9 key in use.As for my rendition of ASA colors I don't know why mine would not look like yours, true I have given my own colors for windows (internet options, color), but I am using the default Blue or Silver found in XP. I have experimented with both XP default and the old windows classic colors which you can use in XP, and none of them make a difference. Yes, I do not see the map at all, my pointer if it hits a VOR station or something the print will show. See one of the above attachments.Regarding snapshot, I think I understand the concept I just don't know how to implement ASV6 textures in conjunction with ASA. Maybe a set of picture instructions would be useful in manual for those like me who may well understand FS stuff but maybe a little short on average computer knowledge. I wish I could solve the map issue, I think if my colors were correct, my last problem mentioned yesterday (w/ attachment) would solve itself. I think you have a winner here, just a few things nn resolving, I have always thought that most problems encountered are user problems not softwear bugs. I suspect that may well be the case here, but as I said, I have never had a problem which I could not solve with alittle help/direction, this one has me stumped. As always Thank you, Vincent

Guest CX355
I even hesitate to tell you, but I deleted all key assignments in FS9 a long time ago and use FSUIPC almost exclusively. I found the default key in FS9 for the Xguage (shift-N for window 4) and then assigned it, I then went through acrft CFG to find the window XG was assigned for each acrft type and then reassigned my own key assigments according to each acrft through FSUIPC. I was assuming that your XG was like FSNav, etc. and had a key assigned that FS9 was not using. I did not realize it was a FS9 key in use.As for my rendition of ASA colors I don't know why mine would not look like yours, true I have given my own colors for windows (internet options, color), but I am using the default Blue or Silver found in XP. I have experimented with both XP default and the old windows classic colors which you can use in XP, and none of them make a difference. Yes, I do not see the map at all, my pointer if it hits a VOR station or something the print will show. See one of the above attachments.Regarding snapshot, I think I understand the concept I just don't know how to implement ASV6 textures in conjunction with ASA. Maybe a set of picture instructions would be useful in manual for those like me who may well understand FS stuff but maybe a little short on average computer knowledge. I wish I could solve the map issue, I think if my colors were correct, my last problem mentioned yesterday (w/ attachment) would solve itself. I think you have a winner here, just a few things nn resolving, I have always thought that most problems encountered are user problems not softwear bugs. I suspect that may well be the case here, but as I said, I have never had a problem which I could not solve with alittle help/direction, this one has me stumped. As always Thank you, Vincent
Back to square one, it won't load once again, must be the Xguage and/or ASV6.5 interference....

Guest CX355

Jim, plz read last entry as well, I did another total uninstall, downloaded ASA for the 3rd time and reloaded and all problems remain. I will leave you with all I have documented in previous threads, if there is any further info you would like regarding my system which you think may help you solve this delimna let me know. I can do nothing more that I can think of on my end. Thank you Vincent

Hi,So X Gauge worked and then stopped working? ASv6.5 does not have a gauge, only Radar so there is not conflict there. The Map and border color doesn't have to do with your desktop theme, but another setting for the desktop, which I cannot remember which setting it was that caused this for another user.To generate Snapshots, go to the Graphics page, click on the Extended Integration icon and tell ASA how may Snapshots to generate. We suggest to start with 20. Then when you process a plan you will be given the choice to install a Snapshot. Answer OK and ASA will load those textures into FS.Thanks,

Guest CX355
Hi,So X Gauge worked and then stopped working? ASv6.5 does not have a gauge, only Radar so there is not conflict there. The Map and border color doesn't have to do with your desktop theme, but another setting for the desktop, which I cannot remember which setting it was that caused this for another user.To generate Snapshots, go to the Graphics page, click on the Extended Integration icon and tell ASA how may Snapshots to generate. We suggest to start with 20. Then when you process a plan you will be given the choice to install a Snapshot. Answer OK and ASA will load those textures into FS.Thanks,
"So X Gauge worked and then stopped working?"..... NO the Xguage works it was ASA that refused to load so I reloaded it again from scratch. I downloaded the program a third time and nothing changed, it is working at the moment. I have been experimenting with the Nvidia color settings and it did not help w/ map rendering. I am going to post it here and see if anyone else has the problem and a possible fix. So when you see it don't worry about a reply as it is for general forum consumption I don't know where else to play w/ settings as it relates to color and the desktop. I will however continue to search the PC system and see if there is something else which has to do w/ rendering color and the desktop. Thank you, Vincent

Guest CX355
"So X Gauge worked and then stopped working?"..... NO the Xguage works it was ASA that refused to load so I reloaded it again from scratch. I downloaded the program a third time and nothing changed, it is working at the moment. I have been experimenting with the Nvidia color settings and it did not help w/ map rendering. I am going to post it here and see if anyone else has the problem and a possible fix. So when you see it don't worry about a reply as it is for general forum consumption I don't know where else to play w/ settings as it relates to color and the desktop. I will however continue to search the PC system and see if there is something else which has to do w/ rendering color and the desktop. Thank you, Vincent
In addition to previous thread I am including snapshots/attachments which you may or may not find useful. Regarding this map and border resolution problem, are they related in the sense that if one does not work nor will the other?The map background resolutions, is there a button which changes between High, med, low resolution?..Thank you Vincent

Hi,Whatever shot 1 is a picture of, that is not correct either.Yes, the one setting you are looking for will fix the border and the map at the same time. So you are looking for one setting that is doing this.Thanks,

Guest CX355
Hi,Whatever shot 1 is a picture of, that is not correct either.Yes, the one setting you are looking for will fix the border and the map at the same time. So you are looking for one setting that is doing this.Thanks,
That is the opening screen to ASA, which I forgot to tell you, when it is loading..I went through my system today looking at things which I have changed from auto start to disabled to manual start and looking at the items I don't know what would have an effect on ASA program. For me I am hoping for a lead which will point me in the right direction. All my other many add-on's have never experienced this sort of conflict. You guys must have some kind of new thing going on here which is drastically different from the past...any ideas what that could be?I will keep on plugging along...Thanks VB