Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Is Everybody Happy?

You know that old Star Trek quote by Dr. McCoy, "You know engineers, they love to change things!" Same thing applies to software programmers! All kidding aside, the forum has been slower in the past, but it seems much better now. One thing I've noticed is when I first try to go to Avsim's main page from my bookmark, it takes a little longer to load the front end than many other sites I routinely visit. Sometimes it will time out and I have to retry or refresh. Or it could just be my sucky cheap DSL! :(

You know that old Star Trek quote by Dr. McCoy, "You know engineers, they love to change things!" Same thing applies to software programmers! All kidding aside, the forum has been slower in the past, but it seems much better now. One thing I've noticed is when I first try to go to Avsim's main page from my bookmark, it takes a little longer to load the front end than many other sites I routinely visit. Sometimes it will time out and I have to retry or refresh. Or it could just be my sucky cheap DSL! :(
You need to do a TRACERT and PING check when things like that start happening. The front page, for me anyway, in Firefox, is loading very fast.

Guest JoeInCT
I can't believe it. It seems like it has been at least a week since I have seen any complaints about forum performance; no grumbling, no name calling, no aspersions cast on us, no challenges to the legitimacy of our fathers.... What gives? We were getting used to all that. Now I feel like I am going through withdrawal. :( Given the peace and quiet, I think it is time for me to start experimenting with some kewl add-ons to the forum software. Yeehaw!
I'm still in morning over the loss of the future versions of my all-time favorite computer simulation. Sad. So sad. I can hardly type.

I'm still in morning over the loss of the future versions of my all-time favorite computer simulation. Sad. So sad. I can hardly type.
No worries, a new Flight Simulation game is in development at Microsoft. FS is not dead now. Phil Taylor has even confirmed there is a team working on a Flight Simulation Game (this was AFTER ACES was cut)