Sign in to follow this  
SteveLewis

Wierd -- Just Wierd

I haven't flown FS9 since New Year's Day. I mainly fly in FSX now. Anyway, I fired up FS9 and got quite a suprise. There were red/pink streaks in the sky every 90 degrees culminating in a solid red color directly above my a/c. After take off, the ground and sky near the ground looked normal but the clouds. The clouds are YELLOW (see attachment). I updated my video drivers to the latest nVidea WHQL set and nothing changed. I've tried just about everything but it still looks like the scene from Sgt Pepper's Lonely Club Band Tour. Anyone have an idea here? FSX is normal, by the way. No problems, save for those darned changing wind shifts.Steve LewisGretna, NE

Who's Sgt Pepper?JimCYWG

Who's Sgt Pepper?JimCYWG
Lord have mercy! You must be really young! :( In case you really don't know, that is the title and cover song for one of the Beatle's albums. :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest napamule

Well, we all live in a Yellow Submarine and have green and red clouds for lunch. But seriously, it is NOT your video drivers, or your panel would not look that good. It must be the textures got corrupted some how. Download some FS9 clouds and that should fix the problem. Search file library for 'FS9 clouds'.Chuck BNapamuleOh, and welcome to the AvSim forums.

For those youngsters who don't know what Sgt Pepper's was I was going to say it "Looks like the land of HopeandChange" but I figured that was too political.The clouds are one thing. The sky being red/pink above is what doubles the issue. Looking down while at altitude (25,000 ft) the ground looks fine as does the sky along the horizon. The upper sky has the wierd coloration but the clouds are definitely yellow as you can see.

Problem is fixed. Corrupted texture files. My cloud textures showed they were revised on Jan 21 -- a day I didn't even use FS9. Good thing I had a backup of my entire FS9 file on a separate HD. Back in business.