Sign in to follow this  
Guest abz

Flight Planner for FSX

Guest abz

I have used FS Navigator for many years with FS9 and now starting to fly FSX more and more. I don't believe FSNav will work with FSX. Appreciate any suggestions on a good flight planner, moving map, GPS, etc to use with FSX? Thanks, Al

www.fscommander.com ?
Fscommander isvery good, however I prefer Fsbuild. Fsbuild looks like "oldschool" but it gives more accurates flight plans than fscommander (due to the heavy flt pln database that comes with it) and also all the navdata monthly updates are freely downloadable from the fsbuild website, no need to register to navigraph.However Fscommander will give you a very good moving map (fsbuild one is crappy, not main program goal) that is 90% similar to FSNav one.Fsbuild also have tha ability to suggest you the correct sid/star, fscommander don't do that (you have to select it manually)Both have their bunch of FP export formats, should cover almost all needs..

Guest abz

Thanks J Van E and Noon. Al

I use SimRoutes. You can find a real-world flight plan on Flight Aware and then cut and paste into SimRoutes, generate the flight plan, then download to either an FSX flight plan and/or a Squawkbox FP for VATSIM.You can also use their FP generator after entering the departure and arrival airports (it also has SIDs and STARs for most large airports).