Sign in to follow this  
Guest JerseyFlyer4

Which would you rather do?

Guest JerseyFlyer4

As some of you guys may have already helped me in my previous posts about my display problem, I guess its time to come to the pointon investing my money into some things that may just take care of this problem completely. Right now, I've had vista for about 6 months or so, and it has been okay. THe main reason I use this computer, is directly for Flight Simulator 2004, and Flight Simulator 2004 only. I know my specs are a bit cheap, but believe it or not, I only use my CPU for FS2004, along with some sceneries from Fly Tampa, FS Dream team, and aircraft from PMDG Simulations, Level-D, all these big names! But- i cannot live to fly another day with just so many PROBLEMS that have 99% to do with vista, or possibly just my graphics card problem. So here's what I want to do. I have 100, or 150 dollars to spend my money on that will improve my FS. I was thing either option:A - I could downgrade my computer from Vista to XP, (I would have no idea how to do that) orB - I could buy a nice graphics card (not more expensive that 150$ plus), and I could take it to geeksquad and have them install it, and still not be sure if my FS2004 will work fully correctly. I know that my FS2004 will work amazing with XP, considering I had an XP desktop on my old CPU, and FS ran with no problems at all. Feed back guys?

You NEED a decent video card and $150 is plenty for FS2004.I'm betting your's is on-board. EDIT: according to Dell your PC does have a PCI-E slot, so a vidseo card upgrade is certainly the way to go.

Guest JerseyFlyer4

Sounds like a good idea, any ideas on what a good card would be for my CPU?