Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

2D Panel Distortion

So FSX has decided to throw me yet another curveball. On every 2d panel on every aircraft that I have there is some distortion going on, here's a pic to show what I'm talking about:2zspezc.jpgIt's almost a line going through the panel. This happens with the main 2d panel and any pop-ups as well. I'm using XP with an E6600 and an ATI 4870.

Are you rining FSX at the same resolution as your windows desktop?If youre running an LCD monitor, are you running FSX at its native resolution? And if running widescreen, do you have the WideAspect setting set to true in your FSX.cfg?

Yep, everything is at the same resolution and native. Wideaspect is set to true. BTW this occurs in both fullscreen and windowed modes.

Hello:Is it possible that it has something to do with the monitor refesh rate? My ATI card using Catalyst Control has increased my refresh higher than it should be but it works.Hope this may help.RegardsRickAvsim Library Deputy Director

Chapstick,It looks like a missing or corupt font.Have you installed any new applications or fonts lately?Tom

FYI, I have that exact same issue. Looks like a tear in different places. Haven

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Must be an ATI thing then. Sigh... these are the worst cards for FSX.

Chapstick,It looks like a missing or corupt font.Have you installed any new applications or fonts lately?Tom
It's not a font issue, I only highlighted those areas because it's easy to see the problem there. If you follow the "line" it distorts the whole picture, not just the fonts.

Must be an ATI thing then. Sigh... these are the worst cards for FSX.It's not a font issue, I only highlighted those areas because it's easy to see the problem there. If you follow the "line" it distorts the whole picture, not just the fonts.
It is absolutely an ATI thing. There is a thread in the video card forum on problems with ATI drivers in FSX.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Hi All,My ATI card has worked very well with FSX since beta 1.

Sorry to bring this old post up but I have the same issue and I'm also using an ATI/AMD graphics card, it appears to be a driver problem that's still not fixed with the newer drivers .i dint know if it effects all ATI cards (mine is a R7 360) ...it's like the panel has a diagonal line running down it and it's slightly off

Image1_zpshemgm77l.jpg

ugcx_banner.png