Sign in to follow this  
Guest simjunkie

Megascenery Earth California: Way Too Much $$$

I will let you know when I have installed the southernmost part of the new files. Just bought them today. I find the, So Cal as well as Utah scenery outstanding, and expect not to be disapointed-Let's see about that :( KindlyJakob Arnholtz

Guest bjablonka
I will let you know when I have installed the southernmost part of the new files. Just bought them today. I find the, So Cal as well as Utah scenery outstanding, and expect not to be disapointed-Let's see about that :( KindlyJakob Arnholtz
Which product Jakob?Bernd

Guest bjablonka
The California: Mid South Region
From Megasceneryearth or megascenery X, Jakob?Bernd

Guest bjablonka
MegaSceneryEarth
Thanks Jakob, Could you possibly include a picture of the LA area?ThanksBernd

Guest ArtieLange

The problem is they are charging more for less vs the old boxed products. I could almost live with the price, but the imagery quality has gone down, and less work is put into the product, agree that $100 should be the max price. With the economy in it's current state I'm being very picky about what I spend my money on, and what megascenery wants for their product is out of my price range.

Guest bjablonka
The problem is they are charging more for less vs the old boxed products. I could almost live with the price, but the imagery quality has gone down, and less work is put into the product, agree that $100 should be the max price. With the economy in it's current state I'm being very picky about what I spend my money on, and what megascenery wants for their product is out of my price range.
If it is true that the image quality is down, why even consider buying it?Bernd

Guest sssummer
I heard that Megascenery X has a lot of problems also. See: http://www.pcaviator.com/megascenery/forum...d&pid=11063Bernd
You have completely confused the products. Megascenery X So Cal does NOT have a lot of problems. It is the same product that has been out for over a year, and covers the Los Angeles and San Diego basins. It is very high quality. MegasceneyEarth (the new product), does NOT cover the Los Angeles or San Diego basin, they leave that area to their original product. So if you want Los Angeles you can buy Megascenery X So Cal. You will never be able to buy Megascenery Earth for the LA basin (it does not exist), nor would you want too. The quality of the rest of the state, judging from what you can see on their advertisement, plus feedback from customers, is that Megascenery Earth quality is spotty at best, plus they do not line up the FSX airports with the scenery, so if the FSX airport is misaligned, you essentially on a single runway airport, may have two different runways to choose from, sometimes vastly apart from each other, when only one exists in real life. The good news is if you like photoscenery and want to fly in a specific area of Californa, with the exception of eastern San Bernardino, Riverside, San Diego counties, or all of Imperial County, you can now have photoscenery in that area. I'm not sure why PC Aviator believes those specific counties in California are not within the state, since their ad says that all of California is included for the $200, when in fact, it is not. So it is blatantly misleading, if not downright false.Hope this helps.Brian S.

Guest bjablonka
You have completely confused the products. Megascenery X So Cal does NOT have a lot of problems. It is the same product that has been out for over a year, and covers the Los Angeles and San Diego basins. It is very high quality. MegasceneyEarth (the new product), does NOT cover the Los Angeles or San Diego basin, they leave that area to their original product. So if you want Los Angeles you can buy Megascenery X So Cal. You will never be able to buy Megascenery Earth for the LA basin (it does not exist), nor would you want too. The quality of the rest of the state, judging from what you can see on their advertisement, plus feedback from customers, is that Megascenery Earth quality is spotty at best, plus they do not line up the FSX airports with the scenery, so if the FSX airport is misaligned, you essentially on a single runway airport, may have two different runways to choose from, sometimes vastly apart from each other, when only one exists in real life. The good news is if you like photoscenery and want to fly in a specific area of Californa, with the exception of eastern San Bernardino, Riverside, San Diego counties, or all of Imperial County, you can now have photoscenery in that area. I'm not sure why PC Aviator believes those specific counties in California are not within the state, since their ad says that all of California is included for the $200, when in fact, it is not. So it is blatantly misleading, if not downright false.Hope this helps.Brian S.
Thanks Brian. If I remember correctly, Megascenery X s. Cal does not include the Santa Barbara area, is that correct? I can't find their website.BestBernd

120+ GB's just for CA!Ouch, imagine what the whole US will be (not including AK lol)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest sssummer
Thanks Brian. If I remember correctly, Megascenery X s. Cal does not include the Santa Barbara area, is that correct? I can't find their website.BestBernd
That's correct, however you can now purchase Santa Barbara and other areas along the coast as individual Megascenery Earth tiles or sections if you wish. http://www.megasceneryearth.com/store/cart...;category_id=64

Guest simjunkie

People will nickle & dime themselves into bankruptcy buying individual tiles, especially for a state a big as CA. I don't think the individual tile thing is a bad idea, but as soon as the buyer decides they want more then it's going to add up and still not be worth it. They use satillite data for MS Earth whereas they used arial data for MSX Socal (which is higher quality), why? So they can charge more and deliver less (typical).-jk

I Had been dying for some photoreal scenery for the state of Massachusettes ( the state where I reside). After seeing Megascenery's offering I find myself looking the other way. The whole state of Massachusettes would run $60 tile by tile as Megascenery does'nt offer a state package for Massachusettes? Also the state of Massachusettes does'nt even come close to the size of Megascenery's socal, which I do own, and costs $40! So I could'nt agree more with the statement more$ for less, and it could'nt be said enough.Chris,Edit, Megascenery does offer a city pack for the Boston area ( 4 tiles ) for $25. Thats a savings of $4 of the $60 for the state of Mass.

Guest twsimfan

I really wanted to buy the whole State of Washington but the user reviews were at best a mixed bag. I even have my wife's permission. But with the lack of meaningful screen shots I was reluctant to spend that much money.So last week when I got a promo offering me any one tile for $2.99 as an incentive to buy more of course I jumped at the chance even though I believed I was going to end up duplicating that one tile. So I ordered WA003 and put in the "coupon code". This got me an error message essentially saying that I had already used the code. I hadn't. I filled out a help form to try to get customer service to help me out. Having received no reply I tried again 24 hours later with the same result and filled out another form. I tried later that evening for the last time in the closing hour of the promotion and of course got the same result and filled out another help form. That was Saturday. Sill no response. I was willing to spend $3 to get the kind of look at it that they should be providing more of for free but not $7.49.In that last form I filled out I mentioned to them that this will put an end to my intention to buy any more of their scenery.And the reality is I should have expected this sort of thing. Some months ago (4, 5, or 6 I'm not sure) I was trying to buy some FSX add-ons on a 50% sale from PC Aviator and their system wouldn't allow me to log on until after that promotion was over. They had evidence that I had been trying to purchase the items for over 12 hours prior to the end of the sale and they acknowledged that their system was known to have this problem but they said the bottom line was the sale was over and I was out of luck.I have Hawaii X, Las Vegas X, and the Reno/Tahoe one. The 1st 2 are outstanding and the 3rd would be if they had included the West side of the lake and charged me a few dollars more. But I think this episode will be the end of business dealings between PC Aviator and I. I'll just have to content myself with Oahu or Las Vegas when I want to fly low & slow. That or find another quality scenery maker.I hope some of you are having better luck than I had. :)Take care,Tom Wunder