Sign in to follow this  
Guest simjunkie

Megascenery Earth California: Way Too Much $$$

Tom,If you're looking for really nice photographic scenery and nicely detailed airports, then check out Horizon's VFR Generation X Version 2, and Gary Summons' VFR Airfields Volume 1. Whilst the three volumes of scenery (covering all of England and Wales), plus the airports would probably cost around

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Whilst the three volumes of scenery (covering all of England and Wales), plus the airports would probably cost around

Guest simjunkie
Pardon me for going a bit OT, but if we're talking customer service in the flightsim industry, I have to give FS Genesis its due for it's excellent customer service.I was overcharged on a package of Genesis terrain mesh I bought, my discount wasn't right. (It was a problem of the website being a day or so out of date with the new discount options.) I sent an email asking what was going on and within a couple of hours I had an explanation and apology from the FS Genesis boss himself and my Master Charge had been credited the overcharge. On top of that I was offered a free terrain mesh of my choice, regardless of price. I would have felt bad taking it so I thanked him and said no.But that is how you treat your customers. And it's good business, I kept buying their stuff.Ok, I'm off my soapbox.
Absolutely agree! Justin (FS Genesis) is great.

Lol. yeah they are pretty dark. Well, hey now there is a good reason to load up FEX's Forest fire weather theme :( Same here regarding cal-16, no response as of yet. I really need that tile, because I constantly fly in that area. Hoping we see some customer service here, i'm going over there to add my voice to yours. Maybe we will see some traction on this.
Chalkman (Chalky?),As to your statement over on the megaScenery forum (where I couldn't get the image below to post), attached is a photo I took over Universal Studios at 2,500 msl heading 130 degrees. It looks like the road stays pretty flat through the hilly pass. This is with http://www.fsdreamscapes.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=12' target="_blank">NEXTMap

Chalkman (Chalky?),As to your statement over on the megaScenery forum (where I couldn't get the image below to post), attached is a photo I took over Universal Studios at 2,500 msl heading 130 degrees. It looks like the road stays pretty flat through the hilly pass. This is with http://www.fsdreamscapes.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=12' target="_blank">NEXTMap

Guest bekfreak
Actually, that area is pretty flat for me too, I was referring to the 118 over by the Santa Susanna Pass towards Simi valley. I drive that every day, and with the Mesh i have ( i have a third party one, but I don't remember at the moment whose) it is very choppy and rough, like 30 ft high spikes. I'll check out the nextmesh perhaps that is exactly what i'm looking for.@David, yes terrible customer service. I still have not heard from PC aviator, and I sent three support emails. No excuse for that. Now that I've got the area that i've been really wanting (California coast, Santa Barbara, Morrow bay) i'm done with them. Some areas are not that great, but others are really quite nice, and the frame rate is way up with these areas as well. If a color correction would have been implemented, these would be pretty darn good at least in the areas i am flying right now.
This is a shame and I was looking to get the New Jersey tiles and maybe some of the New York tiles as well. I'll have to hope Dreamscape does something soon for the Northeast. :) Everyone's always has to start at the Pacific Northwest or somewhere with lots of eye candy. :(