Sign in to follow this  
CappinSuruje

pCiExpress X16 vs Pci 2.0

Hello Everyone !..I Just purchase a new rig for FsX..with a Asus p5n74-AM Mobo thats Using a PCI EXPREss..x16 1.0 slot..(one minor detail i overlooked at purchase) But im Now crossing my fingers n Hoping that the ATI 4870..video card which uses PcI EX 2.0 technology is Compatible With My Motherboard. Please Someone Say Its So..! Is it Compatible at All? or do i have to look 4 a lower end Graphics card?. N If its compatible will my brand new untouched rig suffer perfomance wise :( with the lower "BandWith"??BTW i didnt buy the graphics card Yet.Gideon B

Hello Everyone !..I Just purchase a new rig for FsX..with a Asus p5n74-AM Mobo thats Using a PCI EXPREss..x16 1.0 slot..(one minor detail i overlooked at purchase) But im Now crossing my fingers n Hoping that the ATI 4870..video card which uses PcI EX 2.0 technology is Compatible With My Motherboard. Please Someone Say Its So..! Is it Compatible at All? or do i have to look 4 a lower end Graphics card?. N If its compatible will my brand new untouched rig suffer perfomance wise :( with the lower "BandWith"??BTW i didnt buy the graphics card Yet.Gideon B
PCI x16= Old School, there just like DDR1 compare today's new technology DDR3 PCI 2.0= Latest technology, just like DDR3Now all motherboard that has PCI x16 and not PCI 2.0 will still work with Graphic Card that is PCI 2.0.The Graphic card will run half the speed(To Pci x16 1.0) so it will be compatible, but your graphic card will run half the speed not full since your MB doens't support Pci 2.0.-Vincent