Sign in to follow this  
Guest Spectro_Pro

Files offline....again

Guest Spectro_Pro

Is it just me? I have not been able to download a file from AVSIM for over a month. I see files that look as though they are added every day, but I can't get anything. I asked a few friends to try and they also say they can't get anything. This wouldn't bother me so much if we were not getting our VA started again and many of the files we want/need are ONLY hosted here. Anyways, I am just wondering if it's only a few of us that are idiots and can't get any files from here or if this is a much larger problem?Thanks for any insight....Greg

Is it just me? I have not been able to download a file from AVSIM for over a month. I see files that look as though they are added every day, but I can't get anything. I asked a few friends to try and they also say they can't get anything. This wouldn't bother me so much if we were not getting our VA started again and many of the files we want/need are ONLY hosted here. Anyways, I am just wondering if it's only a few of us that are idiots and can't get any files from here or if this is a much larger problem?Thanks for any insight....Greg
Not just you, I too have been trying to get in all of this afternoon and can only guess that the server has fallen over again. Mind you when I have been able to connect download times have been appalling, some as low as 9.6kbs on a 2mb broadband line !I fully appreciate the work that avsim gives to the flying community, but it is getting so frustrating these days...Phil D

Phil Densley

Guest belga1

Hello,

some as low as 9.6kbs on a 2mb broadband line !
Indeed.Most of the time (as they are mirror of files here) I download now from Flightsim .. it's more speed and reliable.Regards.bye.gif

Guest Gary Buska

We have had some technical problems. We are also missing some key people which has not helped. Please bear with us as we try to work things out. Hopefully it will be soon

We have had some technical problems. We are also missing some key people which has not helped. Please bear with us as we try to work things out. Hopefully it will be soon
Gary,Happy to do so, so long as things get fixed for the long term, especially the slow download speeds....As I said I'm fully aware of the service you guy's supply and all for free, its much appreciated, even if it doesn't seem like it at the mo !!!

Phil Densley

Guys, the file library is back online. We had a major snow event on the east coast (where our network operating center is located) and it took a while to get people there. Had it not been for the snow, the period of downtime would have probably not even been noticed.

Happy to do so, so long as things get fixed for the long term, especially the slow download speeds....
You are happy to "bear with us", "so long as things get fixed for the long term"... Give me a break. We have run this library system for oh, nine or ten years with an average annual up time of a 99%, providing terabytes a month for free. Statements like yours really incentivise us to continue the service. If we charged for access, I could understand the attitude...

Guest Spectro_Pro
I know it will be fixed... I was just wondering if it was me. I have had some problems locally with my hosts file blocking file downloads... I think I have them fixed now. You guys are the greatest site...which is why so many places/people choose to host their files here. It just makes it a bummer when you are down, and we can't get that certain file we desire anywhere else.. :) Guess that actually says GREAT things about your service.. heheThanks again for what you do. I wish things better for me, as I would donate in a second if I had the extra. Child support and lack of jobs is taking its toll currently... but soon, I hope!!!!Gregps: My real bummer is that I can't get access to my old account on here. hehe I totally forget the pw, and don't own the domain I think I used as my email then, anymore. Thus, I can't get it reset.. If one of you admins can help, please let me know in pvt... I would love to start using that account again. No clue why, but I hate my name spaced like it is... My old account, btw, if you couldn't figure it out....was SpectroPro.

ps: My real bummer is that I can't get access to my old account on here. hehe I totally forget the pw, and don't own the domain I think I used as my email then, anymore. Thus, I can't get it reset.. If one of you admins can help, please let me know in pvt... I would love to start using that account again. No clue why, but I hate my name spaced like it is... My old account, btw, if you couldn't figure it out....was SpectroPro.
Sure, send me a PM with your former User Name and former email address, and we can take care of you.

I am so glad that the library is back online. I was going through withdrawals not being able to download the latest photorealistic Chile scenery files a few weekends ago.

I am so glad that the library is back online. I was going through withdrawals not being able to download the latest photorealistic Chile scenery files a few weekends ago.
Yeah, we know, you have a problem with the Chile scenery... We've seen your posts in the past on the subject. Get over it. But, we are happy that you are happy.

Guys, the file library is back online. We had a major snow event on the east coast (where our network operating center is located) and it took a while to get people there. Had it not been for the snow, the period of downtime would have probably not even been noticed.You are happy to "bear with us", "so long as things get fixed for the long term"... Give me a break. We have run this library system for oh, nine or ten years with an average annual up time of a 99%, providing terabytes a month for free. Statements like yours really incentivise us to continue the service. If we charged for access, I could understand the attitude...
What do you mean " Give me a break !"I have tried to be curtious in my reply and only passed on a comment about slow download speeds that I am experiencing....If its touched a raw nerve, I'll apologise.But in future I'll keep my mouth shut for fear of having my head bit off !!!!

Phil Densley