Sign in to follow this  
trisager

744X Altitude Error

I have a small problem with the 744X - I'm cruising at FL390, with maximum altitude shown as FL434. However, once in a while the maximum altitude shown on the VNAV CRZ page briefly jumps to FL392, then back to FL434, giving an error message on the EICAS.Any idea what might be causing this?Tom

Are you switching between windows, like the msfs map or checking weather? A change in focus can cause this. Otherwise, this is an unusual report.

Dan Downs KCRP

Are you switching between windows, like the msfs map or checking weather? A change in focus can cause this. Otherwise, this is an unusual report.
Not at the time, although I do run FS in a window. I could clear the error message, but it kept coming back every 30-45 seconds, with the "MAX" briefly flashing to FL382 every time. I was transferring fuel to balance the load right up to the top of descent, maybe that had something to do with it.Tom

Most likely. You didn't mention that earlier.

Dan Downs KCRP