Sign in to follow this  
EED

Radar Contact

Has anyone got an answer to my question,When Itry to install RC on my Vista 64 bit system I get the following error, C:\Windows\Ststem 32\std ole2.tlb unable to register the type libary,register type Lib failed:code Ox8002801c,error accessing the OLE registry, It's driving me mad ,any help would be appreciated ,Thank you Eric

Has anyone got an answer to my question,When Itry to install RC on my Vista 64 bit system I get the following error, C:\Windows\Ststem 32\std ole2.tlb unable to register the type libary,register type Lib failed:code Ox8002801c,error accessing the OLE registry, It's driving me mad ,any help would be appreciated ,Thank you Eric
is this happening during the install? try running the install as adminif this is when you try to register the library manually, open the dos window by right mouse clicking the icon or .exe, and then clicking run as administrator?jd

Dear Sir,The error warning comes at the end of the install,What do I do to install the program as Administrator and could you explain what a dos window is and where do I get that from, If I manage to get it going will I need a new Key, Thanks for your time and patience as I'm not very good at the workings of a computor Thank you

Dear Sir,The error warning comes at the end of the install,What do I do to install the program as Administrator and could you explain what a dos window is and where do I get that from, If I manage to get it going will I need a new Key, Thanks for your time and patience as I'm not very good at the workings of a computor Thank you
right mouse click the installs .exe, and click run as administratorjd

Dear Sir, tried to install as Administrator but get the same error at the end ,Thankyou, Eric

Dear Sir, tried to install as Administrator but get the same error at the end ,Thankyou, Eric
i wonder what is unique about your machine.can you send me a screen shot of the error message?

Guest Mower

Just to add here I also run V64 bit and have had no such issues.

Hi Eric,I Googled that error message and it relates to the registering of a Visual Basic (VB) file with Vista. One reply suggested you could just choose Ignore and everything would carry on okay.Are you able to run Radar Contact? You don't actually say if you can or not. The fact that there is an Ignore option suggests it's not system critical to register it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Eric,I Googled that error message and it relates to the registering of a Visual Basic (VB) file with Vista. One reply suggested you could just choose Ignore and everything would carry on okay.Are you able to run Radar Contact? You don't actually say if you can or not. The fact that there is an Ignore option suggests it's not system critical to register it.

Hi Ray,Why didn't I think of that,I tried what you said and whenI got to the error screen I pressed ignore and the registration screen came up,I have been a bit afraid to do that not knowing what might happen I have sent the e-mail to JD so Ihope to get a new key in the not too distant future to get going,thanks again for your help and patience and I'll let you now if that is the answer,cheers Eric

Hi Ray,Why didn't I think of that,I tried what you said and whenI got to the error screen I pressed ignore and the registration screen came up,I have been a bit afraid to do that not knowing what might happen I have sent the e-mail to JD so Ihope to get a new key in the not too distant future to get going,thanks again for your help and patience and I'll let you now if that is the answer,cheers Eric
Hi Eric,There may be consequences of ignoring the registration of that file but don't worry about that now.Once you have your key load up a plan and see how you get on. Come back if you get any problems.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather