Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

747-400 Audible overspeed warning?

I fly the 747-400 in FS9 and the only overspeed warning I get is a visual one - the FS red/white "Overspeed" banner in the bottom RH corner of the screen.Should there be an audible warning as on most other a/craft?Iain Smith

Guest hangar744
I fly the 747-400 in FS9 and the only overspeed warning I get is a visual one - the FS red/white "Overspeed" banner in the bottom RH corner of the screen.Should there be an audible warning as on most other a/craft?Iain Smith
Hi Iain,as you suspected, you should get master warning lights, aural warning siren, and >OVERSPEED EICAS message. On some 744's the only the master warning lights can be reset and the siren will keep annoying you as long as the overspeed condition exists. On some other 744's both the master warning and the siren can be put asleep. Not sure which which config PMDG went for.regards,delcom

Hi Iain,as you suspected, you should get master warning lights, aural warning siren, and >OVERSPEED EICAS message. On some 744's the only the master warning lights can be reset and the siren will keep annoying you as long as the overspeed condition exists. On some other 744's both the master warning and the siren can be put asleep. Not sure which which config PMDG went for.regards,delcom
Thanks delcom. I don't understand this. My passenger 747 is from the Aerosoft CD while my freighter version was a direct download and both have the same problem.Any PMDG guys able to say what the problem might be?Iain Smith

What problem? I don't think the pmdg747 has an audible for overspeed. I could be wrong... just don't ever remember this coming up before.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest tebinu

the internal fs2004 overspeed warning is independent to the pmdg aircraft system (why ever but sometimes i have the same situation as you and then im 10kts faster and then i get the warning)

What problem? I don't think the pmdg747 has an audible for overspeed. I could be wrong... just don't ever remember this coming up before.
OK Dan, thanks. Surprising when the real one has! Not quite as real as it gets then! :( Iain Smith