Sign in to follow this  
MSW

For Those Who Have Captain Sim B727 V2.1

I used to have the Dream Fleet B727 when I was running FS9. The DF B727 could be completely started manually from cold and dark by the check list. The Captain Sim B727 V2.1 for FSX looks outstanding inside and out, however, how is the system modeling? Can it be completely started manually from cold and dark by the check list or is it all eye candy and no substance?I would appreciate any responses.Thanks!Mike

Guest PPSFA
I would appreciate any responses.
Me too, Ive been watching their forums and I am still on the fence.

Guest Debocraft

Me too, this release is interesting to me as it brings back fond memories of february 2003 when i had the first captain sim 727...well guys.. how is it? Anyone got it???g

I've had it for a while. Is a good looking bird and seems to function well. Initially it had issues with the VSI gauge and other certain visuals but they have been corrected in the latest update. Almost all of the switches and gauges in VC are functional and FPS slightly better than CS757. I can't speak to the original question about the full startup as i haven't done that yet. The drawback with this one in my opinion is the lack of a complete sound package and i think that's why I haven't spent a lot of time with the aircraft. To correct this as much as i could i replaced the default with some old freeware engine sounds and that helped a bit. But something is still lacking, maybe i am just too picky.....I have only spent about 5 minutes on it after patching it to 2.1, maybe others can fill in on any benefits of the update besides the obvious ones (VSI, etc).

I've had it for a while. Is a good looking bird and seems to function well. Initially it had issues with the VSI gauge and other certain visuals but they have been corrected in the latest update. Almost all of the switches and gauges in VC are functional and FPS slightly better than CS757. I can't speak to the original question about the full startup as i haven't done that yet. The drawback with this one in my opinion is the lack of a complete sound package and i think that's why I haven't spent a lot of time with the aircraft. To correct this as much as i could i replaced the default with some old freeware engine sounds and that helped a bit. But something is still lacking, maybe i am just too picky.....I have only spent about 5 minutes on it after patching it to 2.1, maybe others can fill in on any benefits of the update besides the obvious ones (VSI, etc).
Spud, thanks for responding! Can you go ahead and try a manual startup of the engines per the check list without using cntrl+E. To me the visuals are great, but without a fairly accurate systems model where you can run through the check list and do a complete manual startup from cold and dark is a show stopper for me.

Guest Debocraft

Also have a look at the sounds after the patch...it is important that it has the original sounds...