Sign in to follow this  
MrZeta

Virtual Marines Training Corps - VMTC

Welcome !This will be a joint effort to create a multi-gaming platform training Squadron for players wishing to move up the ranks to Flight Sims 'BETTER' than Microsoft Flight Sim (FS2002, FS9, FSX) etc in Battle Engagement missions and campaigns.You will find no better platforms than IL2, Combat Aces, Falcon 4, LOMAC/FC (Lockon) and a select few others when it comes to simulating WARGAMING. It has taken me 10 years to finally figure this out - DONT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU !!!!!!!!!!FS9 (FS2004) is a GREAT place to start your flight simming adventures, and FSX is really kool too!! They are the best flight sims out there when it comes to 'GOOD' realistic flight realism, ATC controllers on VATSIM, basic navigation and weather flight techniques; ALL that good stuff.It is the goal of this "Virtual Organization" to provide a basis for all primary flight training for anyone interested in joining the ranks of the Special Ops groups on Vatsim. When you get thru the courses, which should take about a month, you will be Special Ops Qualified and ready to join one of the Spec Ops groups such as VUSMC, VUSAF, VUSCG, VUSN and others.(EDIT:) You do not have to join this group to join any of the afore-mentioned Special Ops groups; however if you are new to Vatsim, I highly advise you to join this group first; again, you dont have to, but if any problem arises between you and one of the above groups, you may not be able to get back in, which IMHO opinion is highly unfortunate.Each group has it's own style of play.Due to the nature of the group I am starting, you can progress at any rate as you wish; much of which will be self-paced with book tests, with flight vids an such. This group is also a primary gateway for new flight simmers to Vatsim and other flight sim gaming platforms,and IP's will help out whenever they can; however be forewarned; we are not a demanding group, nor do we expect any demands of others. Flight Simming is fun, and our group will reflect that. We will help when we are available. Again, most of the training will be self-paced, and utilize check-ride training flights to insure you are ready to move on.Our age limits - hmm - 14, and we WILL have language limitations, so curb it bubba ! We can have adult sections too MUHAHA but when we engage online there will be no rude language; we can have vent (lol no pun intended!) channels for that.Now, since this group, which technically isnt a VA (Virtual Airline), uses ground assault gaming platforms as well, it is a group of folks who have interests in the other groups such as America's Army and Call Of Duty, which COD5 is supposed to be coming out. There are also futuristic games coming out, and this is where the Virtual Marine will really shine !!!Games like Crysis and others....As such, it is also hoped that we can provide the necessary basic training for potential VUSMC applicants. The Special Ops groups basically require previous flight sim training, and do not want to train you to fly the flight sim from scratch, but in fact, it really doesnt take much to get in; it takes more to stay in though, and their flight time requirements are under-rated; expect to fly more than 4 hours a month.For our group, you can fly as short or as long as you want; we will not be considered a Special Ops group for the time being, however we will be using a specialized training squadron to combine air and assault training, similar to the real-world Marines. That portion of which will be short lived in your training careers here.In no way is VMTC directly associated with real-world entities even though we may represent them in some form or other to simulate what it would be like to be a part of that real-world organization. We, VMTC, are also NOT directly affiliated with any other Special Ops group on Vatsim, IVAO, or anywhere.As such, VMTC is entirely seperate from any other Virtual Organization, however, our trainees will primarily move forward to ANY (!) of the various Special Ops groups on Vatsim, although, also, our trainees will get specialized training to enter VUSMC on Vatsim should they express a desire to do so.Finally, Vatsim Spec Ops training is not the primary goal of VMTC - our primary goal here is to have FUN and enjoy the Flight Simming Hobby for what it was meant to be, and utilize its' wonderful features in different gaming platforms other than MS Flight Sim.Anyone who has had or has Spec Ops Training who wishes to be a part of this startup V-org is welcome to apply and is needed; we will need IP's dedicated to the new flight simming pilot.The site is located at:Virtual Military Training Corpshas a NEW NAME (!) and function(s), and is not limited to virtual marines now! The name 101st is used as an entry port, and the official air-wing is undisclosed to non-members until after it becomes active !and updates will occur this week, namely I need to add the link for membership; anyone with verifiable Vatsim / Falcon4 / LOMAC hours over 100 who emails me until the membership link goes up will recieve special consideration.I wish all flight simmers the best for a good year 2009. :(

Update,I was thinking I would have a Virtual Organization directly related to any Vatsim real-world virtual marines, like a squadron or such, however I have found something better and more in line with what may be more beneficial for new pilots, not having to make them feel they need to perform flight maneavors to a high degree of accuracy as required by Special Ops groups on Vatsim.The V-Org however does open the door for newer pilots to see what it is like before hopping right in, and provides ancillary training which you might not otherwise get in your own VA.Also pilots may belong to other VA's, and can come here for refresher training.The beginning and advanced online flight training schools have been picked out (!); all I have to do is setup the site. We will start with the defaults 172/182 for basic flight training, and the Beech350 for advanced training, and then move up to the A-4M aircraft, so those interested start looking for those models; you may be expected to find your own models to enhance your own flight experience.(I am currently studying the A-4 models and will have a few links available)This group is geared for people who have not been in any Special Ops groups before, and are wondering what it might be like to join one ! Also be reminded this V-Org uses other flight sims and multiplayer gaming servers, not just Vatsim ! Vatsim will provide the initial training grounds for us (!); after that you can do whatever you want ! :(

Hi Folks,I have an idea for our temporary website and mediocre forum; if anyone has any questions go ahead and ask here; I need some ideas.Basically, the basic flight training portions in both the Cessna's and Beech 350 will be handled 'away from this v-org'; sort of like a 'yer-on-yer-own type of thing', but using the same initial training flights used for the A-4; IE the training syllabus will be on our website; membership exceptance will be explained on the website.I have been tired lately so it will be a few days at least before the website gets re-organized to take on members; again people who reply to either of my emails before I get things rolling, once the membership info is up and you are added, you will be the first group on the list to recieve training !I am anticipating to do this on a weekly basis for each level of training, with about 3 flights/week for a total of about 10 flights with flight plans, flight analysis, and videos to get you enrolled into the A-4 Squads.Once you graduate, it is requested you remain onboard until another instructor takes your place (you can move on as well though).Once again, I will be offering basic flight training in Falcon 4 (Open Falcon and Allied Forces), then you will be sent elsewhere for further training !I havnt started up LOMAC/FC yet so cant wait to get things rolling there too; get on board ! :( BTW, there is an opportunity to form an 'adversary' squadron for select pilots (!); dont miss out; here's a quick chance to show 'em what yer made of ! :(

UPDATE !The site, located at:http://www.freewebs.com/virtualaviator/ Will be updated next week. The membership registration website is now operational, and some links will also be operational next week, to give any brave new pilots a chance to get prime instruction seats and rapid promotion before I activate the main website.I will be busy over the next couple of weeks settling in to new duties of online flight simming; after all, I dont want to play webmaster all my life - I want to fly combat missions and land on aircraft carriers and fly in horrible weather and live to tell the tale; dont you!?In case I didnt mention, VMTC will simulate a REAL-WORLD flight training organization, and has possibilities of becoming a Special Ops organization on Vatsim; however this is not our goal I wish to re-emphasize. Special Ops VO's are not quite as much more demanding than most other VA's, but they are not VA's; they are VO's, and as such, can do other flight maneuvors online which VA's cannot, like flying in formation.So I will take a good 2 weeks to let you all think about this and check out the updates on the above site as they occur; I will have a "NEWS" section on that site that you can use 'REFRESH' on your browser to ensure that you get the latest on the development of VMTC.(Just a quick EDIT: I just added the new forum it is up and running and ready to take training material content - I will add the forum and membership links on the website(s) the end of next week).I got some RL issues to work on as well...good luck and happy flying ! :(

Greetings Simmers !The VMTC startup website has been updated; the main change has been to change VMTC's main role:VMTC is now:Virtual Military Training CorpsThis was necessary to allow cross-gaming platform compatability and also gets rid of any conflicts of interest.The main focus will remain with primary flight training on Vatsim to progress to 'better' multiplayer war-gaming platforms using Air Combat Simulation; we will leave that for you to decide !!!The Virtual 101stStop by - The main website will soon be operational and accepting members ! I will now be advertising elsewhere (!) but will try to give you guys first crack, especially since we won the 'Round the World Race' this year (!), by a very slim margin I might add..... :( CEO/XO Gray VMTC

The basis for my Virtual Org has changed slightly, and membership invitations are now open.I have yet to specify basic entry requirements with the group on the site so here goes...Must have at least 50 hours in Microsoft Flight sim including hours on Vatsim, and must take the PRC basic flight course thru Vatsim to qualify (I cant even remember if it is still there; if it isnt dont worry, just sign up; you will get a test soon enough!Prefer you to have, or obtain, Falcon 4 Allied Force, LOMAC/FC, America's Army, Armed Assault (DEMO, current version, and ArmA2 when it comes out in June), GuildWars, and a few others as listed on the site to be determined.The current entry site is at:The Virtual 101stand the main site is still being developed with some member pages already started.Good Luck !

UPDATE !The site, located at:http://www.freewebs.com/virtualaviator/Will have a few updates this month I hope. Membership is still open and will be for awhile. There are no active plans in the works except for plans already in place - IE we have the 'hub' located (!); it will be a joint air and ground forces training corps with possibilities for air-side aggressor/adversary squads to fly online on Vatsim.Basically, VMTC is a 'from the ground up' flight simulation with some tactical warfare involved, as well as in-flight ATC training and use of special use airspaces.I havnt fully decided on using CoD(uty) as the primary ground forces arena; maybe Armed Assault is looking better; the demo is pretty decent actually.LOMAC/FC and Falcon 4/AF (possibly the 2 free ones as well) will be the primary advanced game arenas for air, with MSoft Flight Sim being the primary training platform. PLEASE note that it is okay to start training in one of the advanced platforms as well as training along side in the MSoft sim, which will be used primarily on Vatsim.To clarify (!), the VMTC (the name may change later), will be modelling, somewhat, a real-world entity for Vatsim Special Ops consideration at some later point if we so desire (we get more perks by doing so), and as such we hope to have 12 active members flying 4 hours minimum per month to meet the Special Ops qualifications (in case it's changed but it should be close).The real-world entity we are modelling will not be disclosed until we have the active members. Unfortunately I still need to work on some website issues, training pages, etc, and it is likely gonna be a month or more until it is ready.You can email me personally at stingraydbl07@yahoo.com to sign up, and if you dont hear from me there try mrzeta@email.com.Also, I havnt fully advertised yet but will be doing so asap !AKA Stingray CEO-VMTC

Greetings Fellow Avsimmers (!):It's great to be back here and thanks to all the hard work that has been done to get the site back up!!Just an update status on the Virtual 101st activities.The website is still functional although I havnt been very functional lately - doing alot of things with the various flight sims and workin on new property for my future wherever that takes me; at least it will be 100 times more peace and quiet for me and I am starting to desperately need it, but this summer is gonna be hectic for me and I sort of dred it.Perspective members can sign up directly at:http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/virtual101st/Now I will hint at one important thing - the actual group activities will not be associated with the current air wing name (!) (flight-sim-wise that is). We will, and I reiterate, be modelling a 'real-world' organization to fly the F-16 in flight sim training missions with both FS9 AND FSX !There will be 1 or 2 slots for mission planners, and the same for scenery designers and painters.Inititially, there will be 'NO' flight time requirements; and if and when the group goes 'VA PArtner' with Vatsim, only those members who wish to fly the required hours need do so. This is to be a 'FUN' group with absolutely no restraints other than what we make of ourselves whenever that time comes, and we will deal with it then.Actual flight training and flight times are not currently scheduled and wont be for a few months unless I get more active, and right now I am in training with a couple of other v-orgs; when that settles down I can focus here.I am actively advertising the group now, and as mentioned before, we are sort of a virtual marines group as we fly and do ground missions in other sims like Armed Assault (-2 when it comes out; CoD 4 which I dont have)...If the moderator would change the name of my thread to:Virtual Military Training CorpsThat would be great !My official email is at Stingraydbl07@yahoo.comAKA Stingray

Hello Flight-Simmers:I would like to re-iterate that this group is not a virtual marines outfit; I did that because I thought we would be training off a carrier as well, however we still may be able to do that, and our squads wont be virtual marines; they will most like be "ARMY" and "Airborne" as the 101st so implies.I would also like to re-iterate that no one has to join here first in order to join a more specialized VSOA afterwards; that choice is up to you and however extensive your computer literacy knowledge is.Most VSOA's require good organizational skills; well mine arent the best either, but I am good at computer connectivity and installation issues; topics that VSOA's dont really want to take the time to help people with.I dont mind doing that here, as well as take the time to iron out issues with peer to peer connections which allow effects to be seen by each others' bombing runs and aia-to-air sorties; it takes an immense amount of time to get all the comms, effects, and models working to have an enhanced flight-simming environment above and beyond what virtual civilian simmers do.VMTC is a group that allows a much slower progression than others, even though we can maintain as high of standards as all the other VSOA's on Vatsim, which is our primary flight-simming environment.We have a possible contract with another VSOA to provide training, so we are in need of a few good IP's, folks that have 50+ hours or m