Sign in to follow this  
Guest highflight1985

FS9 737 for FSX?

Guest highflight1985

I'm pretty sure this has probably been asked before, AND I tried to do a search in the forum before asking, BUT, AVSim's forum won't let you search for "737 FSX" as it's too short. Wasn't really sure if I could come up with something longer that would still yield the answer I was looking for. Anyway...Was just curious: Would the 737 made for FS9 work in FSX?

The 737ng for FS9 is only for FS9 and doesn't work on FSX.However, PMDG is producing a new 737NGX for FSX. It not just an update, but has more feature then the 737 for FS9. I'm looking forward onto this new 737NGX.-Vincent

Guest highflight1985

Thank you! In that case, I, too, look forward to the new one...My first flight ever was in a Southwest Airlines' 737-200 as a child. Needless to say, of all airliners, the 737 is my favorite.

Thank you! In that case, I, too, look forward to the new one...My first flight ever was in a Southwest Airlines' 737-200 as a child. Needless to say, of all airliners, the 737 is my favorite.
Me 2 mate :( the 737 is awesome ! When NGX will be released, i will be more happy than christmas eve.

I have just bought the 737 Next generation and I think I was too fast. This is a good aircraft but the technology is very old like Virtual Cockpit partially clickable, need to load Cessna to begin a flight, etc. I see just after the new version coming is not a update. It means that I shall have to pay an other $45 USD? :( Thanks in advance for your response.Pierre

i7-8700K 3.70 GHz, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung SSD 840 840 EVO 1TB,  RAM 16 GB, Triple Monitors : 2 LG and Planar touch screen PCT 2265 as main monitor,  Windows 10 up to date 🙂

As others have noted, the current PMDG 737 is a no go in FSX, so unless you wait for the forthcoming PMDG 737NG, for a 737 in FSX you're probably looking at the either the Ariane 737NG version (it's very pricey but pretty good, although there are reports that support can be dodgy on occasion), or the Wilco 300/400/500 (also pretty good but not an NG of course, it works in FS9 and FSX, but the FSX version can be a bit picky when working with other add-ons). You can also put an add-on NG panel into the default FSX 737 and tweak the flight model, but that's probably not what you are after.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here