Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

Getting Blurry Textures lately

Thanks again Word Not Allowed, For now I've settled on the following settings:[DISPLAY]UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=22TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=55 --> At 40 I get micro stutters. [TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=4TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=3TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=1Regards,Gerhard

Regards,

Gerhard

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things" (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

what does TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=1 actually do to the scenery?...actually Im curious what all the settings actually does in FSTERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=#TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=#TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=#

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest mwjb1984
I'm assuming FS9? There are so many variables--video card/video drivers/AA/AS settings...CPU/GPU processing power...you just have to continue to tweak then just find a "happy place" wherein you balance performance with video quality. Take a gander at the pics below--I get pretty good quality but it's not perfect (picture 2 has some blurring). BTW despite conventional wisdom, I run with a video driver (for Nvidia 7950 GX2) that is 18 months old--I've loaded newer ones only to go back because I could not improve or even duplicate the quality with the current driver.Try modifying your FS9.cfg with the following:[DISPLAY]UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=26TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40TextureMaxLoad=10[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=94.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=20TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=3.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=232Combine the Upper Framerate Limit of 26 with TextureMaxLoad=10 (I picked that tip up from Simouthouse I believe a year or so ago--don't recall the original poster). I've got a very fast alienware rig and can run 40-50FPS with sliders maxed, but dialed back to 26FPS with the TextureMaxLoad at 10 and am very pleased. a343luftansaeddm.jpgdetroitclimbout.jpga332swissair.jpgsunrisecrj.jpga333UKclimbout.jpg319overmanhatten.jpg767honolulu.jpgGood luck!Col (ret) Rich Perry, USAF
Hey all,beautiful shots and very sharp.Could u tell me where did u get the cabin view in pic4???many thanks

what does TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=1 actually do to the scenery?...actually Im curious what all the settings actually does in FSTERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=#TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=#TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=#
TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS provides levels of mips available when using extended radius.

thanks Word Not Allowed

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest mwjb1984
Thanks...that's from Posky CRJ-200 with wingviews...US Air Livery.Rich
Hi,Thanks for the reply. Could u tell the filename please and it's from avsim file library please.Many thnxs

Guest belga1

Hello,I suppose the man who painted the Swiss logo on the jet engine was completely drunk .. 3001dd9b.gifa332swissair.jpgRegards.bye.gif

Guest mastadulog

I don't mean to bring back an old post back from the dead, but thanks so much for posting this! I just fixed a stuttering problem I had while landing in Heathrow.

I use these settings, for about 2 years, and everything is perfect, no blurries constant FPS locked at 30:[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=4TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4...but, if i delete FS9.cfg, and let FS make another one, why im i getting this weard vallues, especially those three:TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=0 TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=0 TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=122600I use 8600GTS graphic.

...but, if i delete FS9.cfg, and let FS make another one, why im i getting this weard vallues, especially those three:TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=0TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=0TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=122600I use 8600GTS graphic.
When FS2004 creates a fresh FS9.cfg file it selects what it "thinks" are useable values for various things such as the Terrain settings - based upon the video card it sees installed.I have a NVidia card and these are what it offers:TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=0.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=0.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=1307992I too have edited them to suit my tastes.I would not be concerned if you have found settings which you prefer. :(

Thats make sense, thanks. I was just curious, because everywhere on the internet, people talking that TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS should be only between 0-4. And than you see that FS made them between zero and thousands, even millions?!? :(

Thats make sense, thanks. I was just curious, because everywhere on the internet, people talking that TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS should be only between 0-4. And than you see that FS made them between zero and thousands, even millions?!? :(
No explanation here, but one: there is no difference in FS above 4. Not on my PC anyway, nor any other I had before this one (there were 3 in total).

Let me add one thing:According to one german document, which has about 500 pages on scenery, landclass, mesh and blurries.The most important things are (and I did lots of tests to check them too):TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=300 <- no effect here higher than default setting 40TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=20 <- can be set to 21TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.5 <- no point setting this higher than 4, I did all compares with screenshots, there is really no differenceTERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4.5 <- also no changes above 4TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4 <- 0-40= Function off,1=MIP Level0,2=MIP Level0 und MIP Level13=MIP Level0, MIP Level1 und MIP Level24=MIP Level0, MIP Level1, MIP Level2 und MIP Level3Important thing is, you either use TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS OR TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS+TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS. Using both together yields no change, and FS will primarily use TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS and omit any change in TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS or TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS.Since I started using these settings I had absolutely no blurries, and everything is working just great. Before with those 9,5 and 4,5 and blah blah settings, I occasionally had problems with photoscenery... and my FS has become smoother.
Unless I misunderstood, or did something wrong, these changes had absolutly NO effect on my system. But it is an OLD system so who knows. Interesting stuff though. I still have blurries. I might be stuck with them though as I have to use the Mipmap slider. 4 on that slider gives me the best of both worlds. Short view things are nice and clear. Off about 5 miles in the distance things get blurry.

Respectfully,

Jet