Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rockcliffe

ITAWT ITAWA PUDYE TTATT IDEED

Guest ba747heavy

:-lol It look me a minute to find what you were talking about! Interesting find.

That is definitely a great find. Ive never seen an approach that had not only names you could pronounce, but were also linked together like that. Thanks for the post.Craig

Guest Rockcliffe

That's hilarious. (You must be good at word puzzles.)Who names those waypoints anyway?Blair

Guest Max Cowgill

Hey! I was born there (Pease AFB, Portsmouth NH)! As funny as those waypoints are, did anyone else notice the intersection NE of ITAWA? It says SATAN for crying out loud! Who in their right mind names an intersection "SATAN"?-Max Cowgill

Guest lawyerpilot

There is also a waypoint calle Bosox outside of Boston, and oivee outside of Portland, ME, which is frequently mispronounced as oiveeeeee by gentile controllers :), instead of oivayyy, like our Jewish friends.P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -224 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

The approach for RWY 1R at KMKC has progressive fixes of SPICY, BARBQ, RIBBS... made me hungry on short final...fun stuff...Coot KCLE

And the ILS approach to Rwy 18 into Lebanon NH has the fixes, HAMMM, BURGR, and FRYYSAnd you can go to IRISH HOCKY RACES VOR 25L/R into Las Vegas McCarran.Cheers :)Woodreau / KMVL

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

As well, they do this intentionally where they can for memory sake. I know all of us now know that approach! :)

Guest Rockcliffe

And searching for funny-named intersections give you something to do to help pass the time on those otherwise boring instrument approaches!