Sign in to follow this  
Guest astron

questions about tile proxy?

Guest astron

hi everyone, cant believe i havent found out about this until now, this looks awesome, just what i want. ive searched a little bit here through the forums, so forgive me if these questions have already been asked, first thing where do i get this tile proxy from? and 2nd im out in the boonies and the sources to connect to internet are satellite which i know isnt good for real time ,as i also play aircombat games online,and its a no go however i also have a verizon wireless connection which will work for real time play and works quite well, however my concerns with this tile proxy is i have a limited amount of usage per month on the verizon, does this program eat up megabytes continously or how does that work? any help would be greatly appreciated, thanksBest regards, Tom

Guest cbuchner1

When you fly in a straight line, it pretty much eats through your bandwidth quota.So it's a good idea to run some kind of bandwidth metering SW in the background.If you keep flying in your home area or some other fav spot, it stops downloadingonce all the area is pretty much covered in good detail.Christian

Guest astron
When you fly in a straight line, it pretty much eats through your bandwidth quota.So it's a good idea to run some kind of bandwidth metering SW in the background.If you keep flying in your home area or some other fav spot, it stops downloadingonce all the area is pretty much covered in good detail.Christian
ok thanks christian, i kind of thought that might be how that works, well i guess i will have to wait until we get dsl or cable could be yearsfor now i guess its trying to make some photo real scenery for my area thanks againregards tom

Guest ddrueding

Tom,You don't have to download the scenery in real-time. TP will cache the files locally, so a slower internet connection will still work, you just have to give it time to catch up. It just could be a really long time ;)

Guest darrincates
<br />Tom,<br /><br />You don't have to download the scenery in real-time. TP will cache the files locally, so a slower internet connection will still work, you just have to give it time to catch up. It just could be a really long time ;)<br />
<br /><br /><br />and then, after TP caches your area, you might be able to run "offline_mode=Yes" ?

Guest ddrueding
and then, after TP caches your area, you might be able to run "offline_mode=Yes" ?
Offline mode would stop downloads cold-turkey, but unless you are about to go over your limit, I would let it grab the stragglers as you fly.