Sign in to follow this  
Guest rdg

Those using 1gig and above video cards

Guest rdg

Hi,I have been reading all over the web for those using 1 gig or above cards. Not only for FSX but for other games. It seems that there are a considerable amount of issues. I thought I would just start a thread where users can post their specs, ideas, issues etc, in hopes that together we can work through some of these. I did order a 1 gig card simply because of video exhaustion on my 512. Any input you guys have will be helpful to all who are struggling.RegardsBob G

Hi,I have been reading all over the web for those using 1 gig or above cards. Not only for FSX but for other games. It seems that there are a considerable amount of issues. I thought I would just start a thread where users can post their specs, ideas, issues etc, in hopes that together we can work through some of these. I did order a 1 gig card simply because of video exhaustion on my 512. Any input you guys have will be helpful to all who are struggling.RegardsBob G
Do you have any sources? And what kind of issues are you referring to?I have upgraded from an ATI 3870X2 to a GTX280 (1Gb video ram) and experience no problems at all.Games used are FS9, FSX, Far Cry 2, Crysis and a bunch of other games. Latest WHQL nVidia drivers. Settings through nHancer.

Lennart

Banner_MJC11.png

Guest rdg
Do you have any sources? And what kind of issues are you referring to?I have upgraded from an ATI 3870X2 to a GTX280 (1Gb video ram) and experience no problems at all.Games used are FS9, FSX, Far Cry 2, Crysis and a bunch of other games. Latest WHQL nVidia drivers. Settings through nHancer.
Hi, I have not received my card yet, but your reply of success is partly who I think should reply to this. Those having issues can poke around on this thread and maybe your success may be helpful to someone else.I would like to insure that when others post, they include their OS. It seems that there are more issues with those who are running a 32 bit OS than those with a 64.RegardsBob

Guest UlfB
Bob,My card is working perfectly well. FSX is running smooth with pretty high display settings.Edited: Maybe your'e refering to cards with two GPU:s and 2x512MB memory?

Guest rdg
Bob,My card is working perfectly well. FSX is running smooth with pretty high display settings.Edited: Maybe your'e refering to cards with two GPU:s and 2x512MB memory?
Well I was really referring to total on board video memory. Whether that be 2x512 or 1x1gig. Some have reported using the UserVA=2560 switch with no problems and using a 1 gig card. I would think that UserVA=2304 would be more appropriate. Dunno. It seems some have success and others dont and their systems seem to be very close.RegardsBob G

Guest UlfB
Well I was really referring to total on board video memory. Whether that be 2x512 or 1x1gig. Some have reported using the UserVA=2560 switch with no problems and using a 1 gig card. I would think that UserVA=2304 would be more appropriate. Dunno. It seems some have success and others dont and their systems seem to be very close.RegardsBob G
Oh, I see. I use a 64 bit OS with 6GB of RAM so no need for any UserVA.

Guest rdg
Oh, I see. I use a 64 bit OS with 6GB of RAM so no need for any UserVA.
You know, I am this close to moving to 64bit but I just cant get myself to do Vista. I would go xp 64 I think. If the new OS was out I would probably order it today. Bob G