Sign in to follow this  
geoffco

530 Error - but I'm not trying to download more than three!

530 You may only perform three concurrent downloads at a time.I keep seeing this error even when I'm trying to download three or less files - any ideas why? I understand the idea of limiting so that somebody doesn't hog all the bandwidth but it gets really annoying when the error pops up and only two files are being downloaded... Sometimes I've even had it when trying to download ONE file!Browser is Firefox (latest) and OS is XP 64.Cheers,Geoff

Guest Gary Buska
530 You may only perform three concurrent downloads at a time.I keep seeing this error even when I'm trying to download three or less files - any ideas why? I understand the idea of limiting so that somebody doesn't hog all the bandwidth but it gets really annoying when the error pops up and only two files are being downloaded... Sometimes I've even had it when trying to download ONE file!Browser is Firefox (latest) and OS is XP 64.Cheers,Geoff
I am not sure what method you are using to download more than 1 file at a time but the following link might help clear things up.http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=2205

I am not sure what method you are using to download more than 1 file at a time but the following link might help clear things up.http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=2205
Nothing to do with GetRight - never even used it.I right-click on "download" and then select to "open link in new tab" (or use a mouse gesture to do the same) - I then watch the downloads box to see that the files download and there I can see how many are active and if I need more files, I wait until this is less than three... I just assumed this was what everyone did when downloading a bunch of flightplans or whatever...This problem of getting the error with fewer than three active downloads has only been present in (approx.) the last two months.Geoff

Guest Gary Buska

Like I said I was not sure if the link I gave you was the problem, all I can tell you is I am aware that we have been having problems with the library lately and this could be a result of that. We are doing our best to solve the problem. And the fact that we are missing a few key people does not help the issue. Perhaps you have seen the add about needing a tech manager. The only thing I can tell you is to download one file at a time for now. We hope to fix the problem as soon as we can. Please bear with us during this time of uncertainty.

Like I said I was not sure if the link I gave you was the problem, all I can tell you is I am aware that we have been having problems with the library lately and this could be a result of that. We are doing our best to solve the problem. And the fact that we are missing a few key people does not help the issue. Perhaps you have seen the add about needing a tech manager. The only thing I can tell you is to download one file at a time for now. We hope to fix the problem as soon as we can. Please bear with us during this time of uncertainty.
No worries - you folks do an awesome job. I was just (a) frustrated and (:( wanted to know if I was doing something incorrectly.Geoff

HiI'm getting this problem too.I can download 3 files.. (seperately - one at a time).. and then it won't let me download again for a period of 5-10 mins.On IE7 it just flicks to a page not found error. In Firefox you get the "530 You may only perform three concurrent downloads at a time" message.It's like it's not recognising that you've finished downloading a file.. so after the 3rd file it just 'clogs up'

I believe it was a day ago, I attempted to download a file and it hung in there for quite some time, and it never finished downloading. I "aborted" the download, and tried to close the AVSIM webpage. It wouldn't let me, so I had to do the Ctrl+ Alt + Delete to get out. Today I tried to get to the AVSIM webpage, and it opened with the file I attempeted to download yesterday. After several tries, still does the same thing. Is there a way to get out from that mode?. I don't know if others are having the same experience. Thanks.