Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeachComer

Utility prog that fixes the E1/E2/E12 Engine Selection problem?

Guest BeachComer

Howdy,I occasionally run into the problem of being unable to re-link my throttles all together. It usually happens while taxiing high-fidelity taildraggers, b/c ya gotta use differential engine thrust to turn those babies, so I hit E1 (or E2) to get just one engine, then swap engines to stop the tight turn. Then the problem occurs - can't get them both linked back together so I can go back to my joystick throttle. Once upon a time, the little trick of hitting the keys for E, 1, and 2 all simultaneously would do it -- however, my PC has gotten too fast! Now, nothing fixes it but to reload the aircraft.Well, someone has authored a little program that slows down the timings and makes that a thing of the past. At one time, I had that program, but apparently it didn't survive my latest HDD swap. I have searched the Avsim library, the Internet, and my own collection of zipfiles, to no avail. Could anyone please provide any information that could lead to finding that little jewel again? Author name, file name, anything would be helpful. I appreciate any comments, and thanks for reading!

Guest dogknot

Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - Gauges Selection Correction gauge ZipDive.png Download.png sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&ImageID=99357 File Description:Does one of these problems sound familar ?? 1. In my multi-engine aircraft, I suddenly find that my throttle controller only works for Engine-1, and I cannot correct this by typing (default keys) the keysequence E 1 2 (3 4). 2. In my aircraft that has an Exit-2, I cannot open/close Exit-2 by typing (default keys) the keysequence Shift-E 2 (instead Exit-1 opens/closes). If so, adding this invisible gauge to your panel should solve these problems. Easy to install, and fully documented. By Rob Barendregt. Filename:rcbse-10.zipLicense:Freeware, limited distributionAdded:3rd July 2005Downloads:6279Author:Rob BarendregtSize:6kb

FSUIPC also has an Engine sync command.Not sure if it's activated on the non paid version though.Cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Guest napamule

BC,The inability to turn taildraggers is mostly due to the contact points placement. Sometimes the main wheels are placed way apart, for stability during turning, which ruins ability to do turns. The simple solutions, without having to tweak the cnt pts is to add this line to the (Brakes) section in aircraft.cfg.differential_braking_scale=0.80 //or, 0.6, //or, 1.0 //or, 2.0This effects (brakes) the main gear, and not the tail wheel. Using a twist stick, for braking and turning, is much easier than with a yoke/pedal combo, IMHO. Adjust the '0.80' to match the power of your engines. More power=higher number. Sometimes diff brake scale can work best at 2.0, if required. If you can do a 'controlded' 360 then you got it just right.Chuck BNapamule

In 10 years of reading this Forum I have never seen someone "copy" the exact "download link" in a reply to a post. They always had to either give the name of the gauge and you had to go look for it in ther File Library or they gave a "link". How did you copy the the main page of the gauge download here like you did? It really helped ! jerrycwo4

Guest dogknot
In 10 years of reading this Forum I have never seen someone "copy" the exact "download link" in a reply to a post. They always had to either give the name of the gauge and you had to go look for it in ther File Library or they gave a "link". How did you copy the the main page of the gauge download here like you did? It really helped ! jerrycwo4
Jerry, check your messages.

Is it a "secret" or can you post the details for all of us to see and learn? :(

Guest dogknot

It is a secret, Opa...that only myself, Jerry, and a few thousand others know about. :( ...of course I'm just kidding with ya.The direct link is just as good, IMO, and not as messy... such as : http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...t&Go=Search or shortened to Click_Herebut to get the whole kit......the secret is........... :( Copy/Paste :( Here are the steps:1. Go to the avsim library page http://library.avsim.net/2. type the filename in the "search for:" box and click Search 3. example filename: rcbse-10.zip4. page opens with only that download5. highlite, by left-click dragging your cursor over the area to be copied.6. Right click -- Copy7. Go to forums7. Right click -- Paste, into the reply box or new topic box.That's It!

Guest BeachComer

Thank you, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!I thought I had tried every combination of search words. However, I didn't try "E 1 2" (spaces). Turns out I did have it but the only clue in the filename that might have gotten it found (had I searched on my overflow drive) was the .zip extension. I did search my local system, but did not consider my overflow downloads disk because I didn't think the files was older than two years - the criteria by which files get moved there.Now I will never have to reload the aircraft again!Thanks again...

Guest dogknot

The original point of this thread you started. Glad for you that you found the solution you were looking for!Happy Flying! :(

It is a secret, Opa...that only myself, Jerry, and a few thousand others know about. :( ...of course I'm just kidding with ya.The direct link is just as good, IMO, and not as messy... such as : http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...t&Go=Search or shortened to Click_Herebut to get the whole kit......the secret is........... :( Copy/Paste B) Here are the steps:1. Go to the avsim library page http://library.avsim.net/2. type the filename in the "search for:" box and click Search 3. example filename: rcbse-10.zip4. page opens with only that download5. highlite, by left-click dragging your cursor over the area to be copied.6. Right click -- Copy7. Go to forums7. Right click -- Paste, into the reply box or new topic box.That's It!
I just tried it and below is what I get - no graphic as you did. I was aware of the straight copy and paste function but seem to be missing an element somewhere which allows the graphic to display.This is my "copy" and "paste":Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - Gauges Selection Correction gauge File Description:Does one of these problems sound familar ?? 1. In my multi-engine aircraft, I suddenly find that my throttle controller only works for Engine-1, and I cannot correct this by typing (default keys) the keysequence E 1 2 (3 4). 2. In my aircraft that has an Exit-2, I cannot open/close Exit-2 by typing (default keys) the keysequence Shift-E 2 (instead Exit-1 opens/closes). If so, adding this invisible gauge to your panel should solve these problems. Easy to install, and fully documented. By Rob Barendregt. Filename: rcbse-10.zip License: Freeware, limited distribution Added: 3rd July 2005 Downloads: 6300 Author: Rob Barendregt Size: 6kb --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Any ideas ? :(

Guest lgvpilot1

David Try changing from standard to rich textCategory: Flight Simulator 2004 - Gauges Selection Correction gauge ZipDive.png Download.png sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&ImageID=99357 File Description:Does one of these problems sound familar ?? 1. In my multi-engine aircraft, I suddenly find that my throttle controller only works for Engine-1, and I cannot correct this by typing (default keys) the keysequence E 1 2 (3 4). 2. In my aircraft that has an Exit-2, I cannot open/close Exit-2 by typing (default keys) the keysequence Shift-E 2 (instead Exit-1 opens/closes). If so, adding this invisible gauge to your panel should solve these problems. Easy to install, and fully documented. By Rob Barendregt. Filename:rcbse-10.zipLicense:Freeware, limited distributionAdded:3rd July 2005Downloads:6300Author:Rob BarendregtSize:6kbMark

Guest dogknot

Hmmmm... That's weird.Off the top of my head, the only thing I can think of would be personal settings for this forum. Maybe the difference between the selection of Standard Editor and Rich Text Editor??? (don't know if this holds any water since I've used this technique on many different forums)...(they may have been Rich Text enabled too) ???Take a look at your settings... At the top of the forum page is My Controls. On new page look at the left column Menu. Scan down to section--Options & click Board Settings.Look at section:Posting Settings Open Fast Reply automatically when available?----------No Type of text editor to use when posting ----------------Rich Text Editor <<<-----select Rich Text Editor requires either IE6+, Mozilla / Firefox or Opera 9+ Rich Text Editor Standard EditorDon't know if this is it, but worth a look. EDIT: I see Mark confirms in his "beat-me-to-it" post. :(

Guest lgvpilot1
Don't know if this is it, but worth a look. EDIT: I see Mark confirms in his "beat-me-to-it" post. :(
Sorry Bud its not that often Opa asks for help so i thought it was the least i could do to helpOn a side note you do realise that when anyone asks for a file now , chances are they will use your technique !!I have a feeling you may have started a new trend here :( Mark

Guest dogknot

I was totally joking with that remark, Mark. :( It was more a "credit" to your swift and accurate response. I was relieved you jumped in with the proof that confirmed my speculation.As far as a new trend being set.........uh-oh.......the powers that be, may be coming after me.