Sign in to follow this  
Ebedeley

KDTW Area problem

My scenery for KDTW is elevated above ground. And there seem to other airports in the area that are above ground. Is there a way to flatten it?kdtw.jpg

My scenery for KDTW is elevated above ground. And there seem to other airports in the area that are above ground. Is there a way to flatten it?kdtw.jpg
Is this default scenery or an add on enhancement? And do you have any other terrain enhancements installed?More details will be helpful. :(

This is default scenery. I do have addon scenery, but not for the detroit area.

Hi,Something could be wrong with your install. That is my home field and even with mesh installed for the area mine does not look like this.Thanks,

It certainly does not look like that for me either. No Mesh or any other addons installed in that area at all.Just curious, have you edited your FS9,.cfg file and change the Vertex entry at all?The default setting isTERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19

I added scenery then it happened. I removed the scenery and it still stays the same. I don't know what went wrong. It's from Noramair Goose's scenery.

I added scenery then it happened. I removed the scenery and it still stays the same. I don't know what went wrong. It's from Noramair Goose's scenery.
A complete file name (?????.zip) and where you got it would be helpful. It sounds as if this addon changed some critical files which would need to be restored. Until one of us can download it and install it in a temporary folder to see exactly what was installed and where, we would only be guessing. :(

A complete file name (?????.zip) and where you got it would be helpful. It sounds as if this addon changed some critical files which would need to be restored. Until one of us can download it and install it in a temporary folder to see exactly what was installed and where, we would only be guessing. :(
I've had that same thing happen, but not in KDTW; mine was in KDEN with the Imagine Simulation KDEN. With this being KDTW, is it possible you have ImagineSim's KDTW installed?I'd still be interested in whatever diagnosis is rendered; I'd love to find a solution for that in KDEN.Michael PettisSWVA4592

The fact that we see other objects in the distance apparently sharing the same elevation error as the airport in the foreground suggests a possible problem with a terrain mesh file. Remember that the effects of even small errors in mesh files can crop up either adjacent to, or literally halfway around the world from the area covered by the mesh file (often because of a single slip-up in a latitude or a longitude specification within the mesh file). Have you installed add-on terrain mesh? Good luck in identifying the problem,Bill

Without installing a bunch of software, I would slew over DTW and go down to the ground and observe the alititude listing. then go to the side (off the plateau) and do the same thing. The elevation should be around 200 ft. Just from looking, maybe some mesh file has set your mesh to sea level (0) and the airport is still correct (200) so it looks like a plateau. If I'm right you need to find that bad mesh. It is over-riding the default mesh.scott s..

I know my KDTW sits at 660 feet as does my house about 45 minutes away!!

Hmmm ... meters, feet, it's all the same, right? :( But given 200m, then the surrounding area is well above 0 from looking at the screen shot.scott s..

Hmmm ... meters, feet, it's all the same, right? :( But given 200m, then the surrounding area is well above 0 from looking at the screen shot.scott s..
FYI - the default afcad says it is 646 feet ASL or 196.9 meters ASL. Here is how it looks on my system - no terrain enhancements installed.