Sign in to follow this  
Ebedeley

KDTW Area problem

Here's a link. Are there any mesh files for KDTW so that I could download it? I havent added any add on mesh, just the airport.http://www.vnwa.com/Noramair/Projects/Detroit.html
I am confused.In one post you stated this was the default scenery and now you say it was an add-on.Which is it? :(

I added scenery then it happened. I removed the scenery and it still stays the same. I don't know what went wrong. It's from Noramair Goose's scenery.
Did you follow ALL of the author's instructions?If you did, the airport displays properly. However I do not beleive this was a well thought out process at all. The author ask you to remove the file named AP925160.BGL from your Scenery\Namc\Scenery folder and replace it with an afcad of his creation (AF2_KDTW2.bgl).The AP925160.BGL file contains data for many airports, not just KDTW, so removing it would compromise many other airports. That makes no sense to me.If you did uninstall the scenery, did you also restore the AP925160.BGL file and delete his AF2_KDTW2.bgl ??As another poster stated, Alpha files are not final versions and really should not be used other than in a test situation.

I'll try to a complete reinstall of the scenery again, but should I remove AP925160.BGL from the scenery file? I do not want to compromise other airports.

I'll try to a complete reinstall of the scenery again, but should I remove AP925160.BGL from the scenery file? I do not want to compromise other airports.
NO - if you remove that file you will have no airport data for some 30 or 40 other aiports in the area including Detroit City and Gerald Ford International.My advice is to forget this particular "enhancement". The fact that author would even suggest removing such a file and replace it with a file which addresses only one airport tells me that he has much to learn about the basics of FS2004.FYI - I was able to install the "enhancement" following his instructions (just as a test) and I was able to uninstall it and my system is back to normal.As an alternative, you might want to take a look at these enhancements:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...n&Go=Searchhttp://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...t&Go=SearchOf course the first thing you need to do is get your system back to it's default state.Hope this helps. :(

Thanks, It works now!
I sure I am not the only one who would be interested in what you did - that makes it work now.??????? :(

It worked, Then I restarted FS and it came back??? My airport sits at 649 ft ASL. The problem is the area around the airport sunk. I need to find the bad mesh, but where? It's a very confusing problem.

Hi,The problem is it is not a good add-on!

Inasmuch as you have not been able to determine what that "questionable" enhancement of the airport has done to your setup, you may need to "bite the bullet" and do a complete un-install and a fresh re-install.This file may be helpful if you decide to do that.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=123907Then I would use one of the two airport enhancemenst which I listed in an earlier response.A painful decision - yes. But well worth it in the long run!! :(