Sign in to follow this  

MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 ...problem.!!

My MS Sidewinder FF 2 doesn't seem to be working properly inside FS2002...the ground bumps and shake work...but when flying there is no pressure ( or centre force) on the stick...when I exit from FS2002 the stick jolts to the centre...(with good centre force)...does anyone have any ideas as to how I might be able to give more feel, or fix the problem...( all null zones have been already minimised) Also, I have tried the patch from MS but it didn't improve..Regards Daryl

Guest jetBlue_83

I also have the MS Sidewinder FF 2. If you look at the options for the joystick using the Sidewinder game control software, you can set differing levels of force feedback from low to high. Have you ever flown the Extra 300s? If so, have you tried to roll 90 degrees in one direction and then quickly roll 90 degrees in the other? I've noticed that doing so results in quite a forceful response from the FF 2!

Thanks for the reply,Yes I have the options set to the strongest position...and you are right about the radical flight moves producing some force feedback..but with turbulence or standard rate turns, climbs etc...there is nothing, no pressure or feedback in the stick at all...it is like a limp fish....I have reduced null zones to a min. with no luck...

Turn off the self-centring. It masks the control forces.ChasW

I found I got best results this way: 1. Unplug the FF2 joystick and put it in a box. 2. Plug in an older "center spring" joystick. 3. Enjoy a slightly more realistic simulation.It probably depends what you're flying, but for GA aircraft the MS Force Feedback joystick feels more like a dead fish than a control column.Nick.

Daryl:How do you hold your FFB stick? In the 2 series there is a sensor in the grip that will detect whether your fingers are solidly holding the stick. If they're not, the stick will go limp on you. I don't know if this is what your experiencing. Normally, though, once it's gome limp if you grab the stick again force feedback should be restored. So maybe that's not what's happening with your setup.Gianluca