Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Don't miss this one: a NEW FSX optimizer

Guest abulaafia

well after a month with the limiter, I am removing it. I simply get sharper textures and a more responsive TrackIR without it. On my OCed QX9650 the difference wasn't that noticeable in terms of smoothness. cheers

I am using a gtx 280 and i have these weird black boxes and flashes at times. I am also using enhancer, any thoughts what can cause the black box/flashes. They only last a few seconds and then the system renders the object?? thoughts Peter

...no autogen annotation but directed by the sim to display the FULL amount of trees in total per tile. (something we partially fixed for the entire world with GEX Europe)...
Hi Nick,Is there an update planned for GEX USA that helps with this tree issue?Thanks.David.

Guest schmee

I searched thru this thread and did not see this issue.....I get a bglmanx.dll error when starting the limiter. See picture.It then crashes if I continue....If I select to "not run the software" it starts and runs fine, butmy FSDreamTeam scenery does not show due to the bglmanx.dll not being loadedAny ideas as to how to resolve this?Regards,DaveGVista 64 Ultimate UAC disabledFSX SP2

Guest jaskanFactor

I used fpslimiter for a while, for some reason, in my system the framerate degrades rom 30 to about 10 by the time i land. This is to do with my system.So i dumped fpslimiter.However, when i started locking fps at 40 in fsx i am getting very excellent reuslts. In my case locking at 40, means i average 30 -35 in the air, and about 20 on the ground.my system - vista64 - gtx285- i7920.

Guest Mower

Just to clarify: after I create thye batch and run it, it is supposed to start FSX? Cause it aint: it just runs, the DOS window appears and goes away. Running Vista 64 bit with UAC on.EDIT: turning off UAC resolved it.

Guest JottGe
This fix is working perfectly here. What I can see at this point is people on lesser hardware, or, those who are not tuning FSX correctly, or, those who have very high overhead such as i7 clocked on 285 cards, may not get any advantage with this because b. A very high end i7 clocked may or may not see advantage with this. I am seeing some positive and some neutral results. Because i7 clocked places a huge overhead on the system, moreso that DDR3 QX, using the frame lock in FSX may accomplish the same goal as this app. I am seeing scenery areas where the app does help with i7 and others where there is no difference.
Wow! This tool is a blast!Use the tool with the following system:Intel i7 975Asus Rampage II12GB 1600 Mushkin DDR3 RAM2 * Gainward GTX 295Windows Vista 64bit Home PremiumFSX Professional + AccelerationAdd Ons:Active Sky AdvancedXGraphics Ultimate Traffic 2When not using the tool I get very unstable fps reaching from 20fps to 200 fps changing within a single second (fps counter is just flickering) resulting in bad stutters.When using the framerate limiter tool I lock my fps at 30 and FSX runs absolutely smooth in every situation.The key aren't high fps but constant fps.Thank you for this fix! :( :( Regards,Joerg

Hi JoergI stopped using anything that requires another service to run in the backgroundI do run on unlimited but i dont really get the stuttersWhat I do get however is lousy frame rates ( down to single digits at major airports)with sliders to the right).It perplexes me because im running a system very similar to yours in hardware.I must be doing something wrong as im running a i7 965 3.2 @4.0 , very stable but with 6 gb ram ddr3video card is gtx295 and gtx 285 ( not sli) Rampage 2 extremeCooler is coolit.I am using enhancer.Typical set up is ;Sliders around 50 % except scenery dense.addons;mytraffic xavs wxfscommander( The obviously improve with all of that stuff turned off but not at really busy airports with density on high)Please note that if i use a complex aircraft like the level-d 767 at a smaller airport , with all sliders to the right I can achieve very high frame rates,) and it is smooth but im still perplexed but the crowded or more complex airfields , Ive already spent way too much money chasing this , but since you have a somewhat similar system I thought i would ask for your opinionPeter

Wow! This tool is a blast!Use the tool with the following system:Intel i7 975Asus Rampage II12GB 1600 Mushkin DDR3 RAM2 * Gainward GTX 295Windows Vista 64bit Home PremiumFSX Professional + AccelerationAdd Ons:Active Sky AdvancedXGraphics Ultimate Traffic 2When not using the tool I get very unstable fps reaching from 20fps to 200 fps changing within a single second (fps counter is just flickering) resulting in bad stutters.When using the framerate limiter tool I lock my fps at 30 and FSX runs absolutely smooth in every situation.The key aren't high fps but constant fps.Thank you for this fix! :( :( Regards,Joerg

Guest JottGe
Hi JoergI stopped using anything that requires another service to run in the backgroundI do run on unlimited but i dont really get the stuttersWhat I do get however is lousy frame rates ( down to single digits at major airports)with sliders to the right).It perplexes me because im running a system very similar to yours in hardware.I must be doing something wrong as im running a i7 965 3.2 @4.0 , very stable but with 6 gb ram ddr3video card is gtx295 and gtx 285 ( not sli) Rampage 2 extremeCooler is coolit.I am using enhancer.Typical set up is ;Sliders around 50 % except scenery dense.addons;mytraffic xavs wxfscommander( The obviously improve with all of that stuff turned off but not at really busy airports with density on high)Please note that if i use a complex aircraft like the level-d 767 at a smaller airport , with all sliders to the right I can achieve very high frame rates,) and it is smooth but im still perplexed but the crowded or more complex airfields , Ive already spent way too much money chasing this , but since you have a somewhat similar system I thought i would ask for your opinionPeter
Hi Peter,my fps never go down to single digits even when flying around KLAX, EDDF, KJFK or other busy airports. But I have to use the framerate limiter, otherwise I get the same results as you. Around busy areas I get bad framerate stutters and the fps counter starts flickering as hell. When I limit fps using the menu option inside FSX it is even worse. I think major framerate killers are the clouds. Therefore I use active sky advanced which allows me to set max. cloud layers generated during a flight. You can even set the density of the clouds. Do you know Flusifix (you can download it via http://www.wolfgang-picheta.de/)? Another freeware tool full of helpful things for FSX. It allows to set the number of pixels when objects disappear. Default setting is one pixel and I raised it to eight pixels. I think it worked.I only use the standard planes of FSX. I am running the sim with DX9 because of the missing taxiway lines when using DX10.Regards,Joerg

Ok JoergI suppose ill try to get this running again ad try the limiter program,Where do i get it now that the file library is closedHave you ever used enhancer ( nvidia) ?I most run with non stock aircraft and that will add to my frame rate woes but i also do notice a huge frame rate hit with mytraffic x turned up over 80%So those are my findings and i will try your suggestionsPlease sen me the file link .Thank youPeter

Guest JottGe
Ok JoergI suppose ill try to get this running again ad try the limiter program,Where do i get it now that the file library is closedHave you ever used enhancer ( nvidia) ?I most run with non stock aircraft and that will add to my frame rate woes but i also do notice a huge frame rate hit with mytraffic x turned up over 80%So those are my findings and i will try your suggestionsPlease sen me the file link .Thank youPeter
Hi Peter,try this http://rapidshare.com/files/205205148/FPS_Limiter_0.2.rarYesterday I did a flight to KMIA. Destination weather was heavy rain and dense cumulus. Min fps at 20 with 5 cloud layers active. I do not use mytraffic X because I heard it isn't that fps friendly. So I decided to go for UT2 and I don't regret it. Works quite well with all settings at 75%.No, I did not use enhancer.Regards,Joerg

I downloaded the applet.I have Java installed.Ran the .jar file and got the GUI.Browsed to the fsx.exe.Clicked "create bat"......... and nothing happened. No batch file was created or anything.Made multiple attempts on multiple downloads, with the same result.Any suggestions?Thanks in advance.

I downloaded the applet.I have Java installed.Ran the .jar file and got the GUI.Browsed to the fsx.exe.Clicked "create bat"......... and nothing happened. No batch file was created or anything.Made multiple attempts on multiple downloads, with the same result.Any suggestions?Thanks in advance.
You can use this vbs script instead: (save as fsx.vbs) and update the path to your FSX fsx.exe also make your both the limiter and renderer hook DLL are in the FSX Root dir.
Dim wShell, FSXPath, FSXExecSet wShell = CreateObject ("WSCript.shell")FSXPath = wShell.RegRead("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0\AppPath")wShell.CurrentDirectory = FSXPathFSXExec = "FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF " & """E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe"""wShell.run FSXExecSet wShell = Nothing