Sign in to follow this  
Guest jackfrost

Pilot Viewpoint

Guest jackfrost

Hi,I wonder if one of you might be able to help me?Is there a way to alter the degree of change in the view up or down when pressing shift enter/backspace? At the moment the change is too much and actually makes visibility worse when looking out of the main panel view...Many thanks in advance for your help!!....

Not compleatly sure on the degree of change but...You can edit the viewpoint from the entry in the aircfat.cfg file , Under viewpoint.Cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Guest dogknot

Unfortunately, it is tied to the pan rate located in the fs9.cfg.[CONTROLS]KBDAIL=64KBDELEV=64KBDRUD=64//PAN_RATE=400PAN_RATE=600Default is the 400 value which makes for pretty slow panning (i.e. via hat switch) in the VC. Increase this rate and the panning speed rate increases.The unfortunate part is it is coupled (so to speak) to the Shift+Enter and Shift+Backspace key command for the up and down viewpoint in the 2D panel view. If the Pan Rate is increased for better panning speed in the vc, then the distance traveled (degree of change), via the up/down commands in 2D, is increased.The best way, IMO, to make permanent view changes to the 2D panel view is through the panel.cfg of your favorite aircraft. If you have a favorite view that you would like to make as a permanent "Start" view point, then the "VIEW_FORWARD_EYE=" section under [VIEWS] can be changed.[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=4.000, 0.000, 0.000 //Pitch, Bank, YawVIEW_FORWARD_EYE=0.000, 0.00,0.00 // Right/Left, Up/Down, Fore/AftHopefully, that makes a bit of sense.Note: the "[Views] eyepoint=" section of the aircraft.cfg only effects the VC eyepoint.

Guest dogknot
hi,for me the best solution is to use the flight one free F1 view utility software which you can download here:http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=libraryVery convenient , easy to install and to use. I am sure that you will like it... :( cheers
Couldn't agree more. F1 View is a super freeware utility. It's also available right here in the avsim library--filename: f1view.zip

I agree that is a great little utility, I just am not fond of not being able to adjust radios etc. with my mouse wheel while it is active. Or am I missing something?

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Guest dogknot

N60JBravo, Yep, it lags a bit in the VC scenario for tuning/bug adjustments. The mouse wheel will adjust the radios, but at the same time it zooms the view in and out....even if you use a popup radio stack while in the VC, both are manipulated at the same time. Radio adjustments, hdg bugs, altimeter corrections, etc., can easily been done with the mousewheel in the 2D panel view, though, without problems since F1View isn't doing anything else.It's a great tool for looking around the VC though and getting some different spotplane view angles for screenshots and such...and you can't beat the freeware price!

HelloIf you are familiar with installing gauges into your panels,then this is one I use in all of my aircraft.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Get View Power Seat Gauge Glenn Copeland 112k 3872 15-Jan-2006----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Available here at AVSIM under the GAUGES section.Just one of a range of very useful gauges by Glenn Copeland.It allows you to adjust your viewpoint using the mouse, it has a broad range of views all of which can reset instantly for approaches /landings or just general flt.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Note: the "[Views] eyepoint=" section of the aircraft.cfg only effects the VC eyepoint.
I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one, though the panel window does not move nor change perspective when changing eyepoint=. It's easier to see when on the ground.scott s..