Sign in to follow this  
Guest Penstemen

Cold & Dark state by default - PMDG 747 400

Guest Penstemen

As a new owner of the PMDG 747 400 download, it would be helpful if someone could advise me how to set up all my PMDG 747 400 aircraft so that they open up in cold & dark state in FSX.with thanksPenstemen

Create a flight at a desired location (I will pick a gate that matches the livery). Turn everything off. Save flight.For added realism you can set her up as ramp ready instead of cold and dark by connecting ground power/air, doors open, IRS set &c.I don't play with the saved panel states. Each saved flight is saved with a panel state, so I set up the saved flight accordingly instead of using the generic saved panels.

Dan Downs KCRP

I use my preferred 747.Then goto airport, gate of my choice.Then load panel state Cold & Dark.Someimes it happens you hear sounds and overhead panel lights up....Then just push BATT ON, then OFFEverything goes cold again.Then I save flight.Now I have my PMDG 747 startup cold & dark at my airport loaded. If other airport/gate needed,just select the other one.

Guest Penstemen
Create a flight at a desired location (I will pick a gate that matches the livery). Turn everything off. Save flight.For added realism you can set her up as ramp ready instead of cold and dark by connecting ground power/air, doors open, IRS set &c.I don't play with the saved panel states. Each saved flight is saved with a panel state, so I set up the saved flight accordingly instead of using the generic saved panels.
Thanks for your help and for your advice about setting up as ramp ready...a good tipPenstemen
I use my preferred 747.Then goto airport, gate of my choice.Then load panel state Cold & Dark.Someimes it happens you hear sounds and overhead panel lights up....Then just push BATT ON, then OFFEverything goes cold again.Then I save flight.Now I have my PMDG 747 startup cold & dark at my airport loaded. If other airport/gate needed,just select the other one.
A very straightforward solution which works perfectly, so thanks for the help.Penstemen

Actually these solutions help NOTHING. I guess I'm the only one who understands the word "default." The question was "how do I get my 747 to load cold and dark every time" ... not "how do I get my 747 to load cold and dark every time at the same airport"

I guess I'm the only one who understands the word "default."

Well, that is guaranteed to get help.

You can LOAD a flight that has a cold and dark state already set up, or you can start a FREE FLIGHT in a PMDG "default" (I couldn't resist) state, which is engines running and tanks full. Those are the choices.

Also, please note forum rules that request full names.

Dan Downs KCRP

Actually these solutions help NOTHING. I guess I'm the only one who understands the word "default." The question was "how do I get my 747 to load cold and dark every time" ... not "how do I get my 747 to load cold and dark every time at the same airport"

There is a way to get the 747 to load Cold and Dark by default. That's what mine does, whereever I start my flight. IIRC it's to do with the old trick of making sure your default flight is also cold and dark. My default flight is the default Cessna with engine off, bettery and avionics off and mixture cutoff.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I think he's looking for something similar to the current panel states.

In that case, the upcoming 747v2 will have this feature as the 777 and NGX currently have. There isn't much sense in getting too upset about a product that's just short of a decade old. Sure, it got a little bit of a lift when it got brought into FSX, but I think we should think back to that time period and try to remember how many aircraft had panel states as an option.

Kyle Rodgers

Possibly, but he didn't ask for that. Just a way to load cold and dark.

ki9cAAb.jpg

My default flight is the default Cessna with engine off, bettery and avionics off and mixture cutoff.

I totally forgot about that trick, I probably haven't used it since I used FS9 LOL.

Dan Downs KCRP