Sign in to follow this  
Hamilton_

FFX/SGA B727-200 veering left/banking left

Hi I'm using Richard Probst latest panel with FFX 727. When I move down the runway for takeoff the aircraft veers slightly to the left. As soon as I get airborne the aircraft banks gradually more and more to the left (very slowly). I tested the default Cessna to check if it would do the same but it stayed on centerline during takeoff roll and remained wings level in the air.Does anyone have a solution to my problem? RegardsAsbjorn Hansen

I found this a problem in the station.load sections of the aircraft.cfg. Basically, the left side of the a/c is a bit heavier than the right. You'll have to play with this section a bit to get things rebalanced. Or you can do what I did, and replace the entries with 3-4 entries, spreading the load up and down the length of the aircraft.-John

Guest wkzzo

There are some new airfiles by Charles fox in the library specifically designed to work with the Probst panel and FFX aircraft-http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2002acrp&DLID=29872

Hi WallaceJust downloaded them - thanks for the link!! Haven't tested them yet but expect that Charles has done a great job with the files.Asbjorn

It will be a few days before I have access to FS2002 again, as I currently out of town. Still, rather than just send you a station loadout, I suggest you open up the aircraft.cfg from one of the default aircraft, and study how the station loadout is done. You'll be able to edit it at will then. It isn't rocket science. Simply opening up an aircraft.cfg in notepad will get you started.Basically, there are entries for each "Station" (think of a station as a pax or an engine). Each station entry has a weight, the position (fore/aft) of the COG, the position (left/right) of the COG, and the position (up/down) of the COG. When doing the loadout, you just want to try to balance the load--IOTW, don't seat all your pax on one side of the aircraft, or in one section.I believe there are also freeware loadout manager tools available...-John