Sign in to follow this  

Hi All, I am considering upgrading my graphics card. Currently I am using an EVGA 7950GT factory overclocked. (512mb). I have no problem with frame rates but I do get the occasional stutter which I can't seem to remedy even using Nick's guide. I am considering a 9800 series card and am wondering if I would see any difference at all. Either that or I will wait until Win7 is RTM and go with the 64 bit version as Win7 32bit runs FSX great. Thanks in advance. Craig

Your 7950gt is a great card. I think you would be hard pressed to see drastic improvement with a 9800 card. But, there would be improvement. Much more that a different OS. Unless you spend a ton of money, I think the occasional studder goes with the territory. I went from a 7900gs to a 8800gt, and and I could tell the difference. The CPU was an e6750.Good luck.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest CoolMaster

Hello,I would recomend a 8800 GTX. The whole 9800 series is a rip of by nvidia it is slower than the 8800 GTX/Ultra. I don't know what res you play at but since you have a 22" I'd guess 1680 x 1050 or something like that. I would go with the 8800 GTX because you have 256 MB Ram more --> 768. This is great for high res you it might be possible to go for AA and AF with that res.Edit:http://www.hartware.de/review_804_5.html Yes its in German (where I'm from) but you can read the numbers^^