Sign in to follow this  
Guest obkfly

Found my upload to AVSIM at other websites...

Guest obkfly

Well around one week ago I've uploaded my repaint of Mike Stone's C-130 in the fictious livery of the German Air Force. And I have only uploaded it to AVSIM and now I can find it at a lot of other Flight Sim sites. I can understand that also other people may want to use this repaint or whatever but the point is :IT'S MY WORK AND I SHOULD BE THE ONLY ONE TO LOAD IT UP TO ANY PAGE!!!I don't how this thing works. If the people running the other websites come here to download new files and to upload them to their sites (which would be a big misbehaviour) or if some freaky guys out there think "oh this repaint is nice, I'll load it up to www.???".Okay there was still my name as the author written down but in my point of view the author itself should be the only one who puts his files on a website and now anybody else.So now at the moment I am not sure if I will ever upload one of my repaints to any website or create my own.People out there let me know what you think about the topic !!!GreetsOlli

Olli,This has been a problem in the FS world for years. Some websites who don't get a lot of visitors who upload like to go around file poaching. (File poaching is when the webmaster downloads a file from a foreign website, and then uploads it to theirs as if the author had put it there.)AVSIM, being the Flight Simulations #1 site, we get a lot of those people. There is not much we can do here at AVSIM, but I might suggest you e-mail the webmaster of the offending website and let him know how you feel.

Guest obkfly

Thanx a lot for the repla Chase.I understand that this is a real problem and there's not much that can be done about it. Your suggestion is a really good one. Guess I'll do so.And as I see that the stuff running this site also cares about issues like these I'm sure I will go on uploading repaints of mine exclusively to AVSIM.Olli