Sign in to follow this  
argosafe

Gibraltar dissappeared

Hi - running FS9 with FS Global, GE pro, AS6 etc and pretty well versed in it, BUT Gibraltar airport has dissappeared from my choice of airports. Is there a specific location for this file onlyto restre it?Many thanks

Hi - running FS9 with FS Global, GE pro, AS6 etc and pretty well versed in it, BUT Gibraltar airport has dissappeared from my choice of airports. Is there a specific location for this file onlyto restre it?Many thanks
These resources may be helpful:http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/faq001.htmlIt shows where everything is on your install disks and how extract just what you need.I also recommend fs9cddir.zip - compiled by Brian Collins (available here in the library)This is an Excel format listing of all the files on your install disks. A great resource to keep handy.Good Luck! :(

Is this the default or addon airport?
Its the default, but has been enhanced by FS Global. Is there a good freeware addon you know of?thanks

Its the default, but has been enhanced by FS Global. Is there a good freeware addon you know of?thanks
I only know the Aerosoft payware , which is excellent.

Peter Schluter

FS Global only enhances landclass - it doesn't include any enhanced airports. It will have enhanced the Rock but the airport should still be available. It should be listed under UK airports and not Spanish. Crickey, that would cause a diplomatic incident! :( If you still can't see the airport then a message to FS Global support may help.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

FS Global only enhances landclass - it doesn't include any enhanced airports. It will have enhanced the Rock but the airport should still be available. It should be listed under UK airports and not Spanish. Crickey, that would cause a diplomatic incident! :( If you still can't see the airport then a message to FS Global support may help.
FYI - on my setup, totally default - the only Gibralter I see is LXGB (Gilbralter AB) and it is listed under Gibralter (as if it was a separate country) - there is no Gibralter in the United Kingdom listings.Does that help or confuse? :(

FYI - on my setup, totally default - the only Gibralter I see is LXGB (Gilbralter AB) and it is listed under Gibralter (as if it was a separate country) - there is no Gibralter in the United Kingdom listings.Does that help or confuse? :(
Thanks everyone, but Gib is still not there. I downloaded the excel sheet Opa suggested, but I don't know what file relates to what airport!. If I reloaded just disc 3 where most/all scenery is located would this do it? - I have very few add-on airports anyway, so it would not be an issue. Or does anyone know the filename for Gib?.ThanksMartin

Thanks everyone, but Gib is still not there. I downloaded the excel sheet Opa suggested, but I don't know what file relates to what airport!. If I reloaded just disc 3 where most/all scenery is located would this do it? - I have very few add-on airports anyway, so it would not be an issue. Or does anyone know the filename for Gib?.ThanksMartin
The stock Gibralter (LXGB) is located in this file:Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\Afri\scenery\AP946190.BGLIf restoring, you may wish to also restore all files in that subfolder which have the same number but a different letter prefix - example FL946190.BGLGood luck! TIP: To locate any default airport's file, just open the airport (using the ICAO code) in AFCAD and select properties. The complete path to the file name is displayed at the bottom of the properties screen. Remember however that many stock airports are stored in each APXXXXXX.BGL file - not just one.

There is an enhancement for the area which you may also wish to check out -It is gib04.zip at Flightsim.com.The missing "rock" is recreated and the airport and harbor area are detailed.This works well on my default setup. There is also a file which displays the long talked about (but never built) "bridge" over the straits.It is also available at Flightsim and is named gibralt.zipNote: Your Scenery Complexity slider must be set at Very Dense in order for all sections of the bridge to displayHope this is of interest.

Hi Opa,My message was from memory so apologies if I misled. It's probably politically wise for Microsoft to list it as a separate country. The Spanish government protested yesterday over the visit by the Princess Royal to Gib.Anyway, I hope the OP manages to find it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Have you tried disabling (or uninstalling) FSGlobal ?Perhaps it is somehow supressing the display of Gibralter. :(

Have you tried disabling (or uninstalling) FSGlobal ?Perhaps it is somehow supressing the display of Gibralter. :(
Problem solved. Thanks to everyone, I've now got Gib back, and on the journey a better freeware package from the library here and a lot more knowledge than before. OK, I'll be honest - I had not got the Africa scenery ticked in the Scenery Library :( Thanks again.

OK, I'll be honest - I had not got the Africa scenery ticked in the Scenery Library :( Thanks again.
Gibraltar in Africa??? Microsoft need to retake their Geography O Level!! :( Glad you've got it sorted.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

LOL, I just made the same mistake, unticking Africa in the scenery - no airport, square-ish coastlines, and a ghost Gibraltar cliff rose in the sea, inland of the actual one, very odd.

Thanks to this old thread, I got it sorted.

(Why I'm disabling parts of the world? I'm taking screenshots of various scenery & mesh add-ons, so I have to make sure only the right ones are visible to get the correct pictures)